News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:56:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OFF TOPIC, What has been up with Joe, and is everything OK?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
OFF TOPIC, What has been up with Joe, and is everything OK?
« on: February 11, 2018, 09:52:06 AM »
A couple of you have inquired about what is going on in my life.  Well, a bunch of stuff, if I remain honest. First of all, I have not flown any CL since October of 2016.  Many reasons, but pramarily because of my series of falls that have really beat the heck out of my aging body.  On top of that, Ginny has again been very ill and that is why we haven't been to Brodaks since 2016, or any other contest as far as that is concerned.
This past November I was diagnosed as having pancreatic Cancer, but that was finally morphed into some other Cancer that was not as terminal as what we had first been told.  I have had a cancerous kidney removed about 15 years ago and when they took it out there was evidence that there was some areas of cancer on the outside of the kidney.  That indicates that here just might be the reason why cancer near the Pancreas is showing up now. the good news is that after 4 Cat-Scans the Cancer has not grown and may very well be controlled with drugs other than chemo or radiation. Hey, what can one expect from a misguided youth and now in my lower 80's?
Most of you are aware that my building and flying simply is horrible. What most don't know or care is that I am an accomplished Trout fly fisherperson.  the falls that I have taken have shrunk that activity a bunch, and this year I only went out 3 times, and the two best trout streams in Eastern WA are just 10 t0 25 minutes from my home!  Ah well, just another complaint to add to this missive.
I still am building Carrier stuff and now have 13 ready to fly ships hanging in my shop. (Quality wise, they really should be hung!)
I have been selling a bunch of my engines, and now have two that somebody might be interested in. One is the Irving .36 Red Head that I flew at Brodaks, and the other is a .36 Evolution that Bill gave a good write up about a few years ago. PM me if your interested.  I can not use either of these, as the only Carrier contests here in the NW the only events are the NW .15 and the NW Sport .40 profile events.
Now, Boys and Girls the good news!  Two of my novels have been accepted for publication!  One is already on the stands and the other will be available in June! After 60-some odd years I finally have some fiction published!
(See attached for a press release)
That's abut it for now guys, except top say that I have really felt very close to many of you and hope your Carrier involvement continues for years and years.
See you here or someplace.
Joe Just
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:55:56 AM by JoeJust »
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: OFF TOPIC, What has been up with Joe, and is everything OK?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 01:36:37 PM »
OK, I'm approaching a month with no interest in the two engines I have for sale.  I plan on offering them on Ebey in a couple of days unless somebody reading this might be interested in having either of them or both.  Either of these two engines would be a good choice for any newbie to get into Carrier flying. Please send me your interest by PM.  The price will be low for SH readers.
Joe

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 06:12:12 PM »
Joe,

Congratulations on your book.

It's not easy to get published, but you did it!

That's probably a story worth writing within itself.

Good luck.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 07:19:07 PM »
Thanks Charles, it has been a long adventure. With that, the next and bigger novel is now in the second editing position, and we have high hopes that it will be available in late Spring/early Summer.  It is the story of my father's attempts to become an American citizen after having to escape a murder in Italy. Lots of interesting tales around flying in the First World War in 1918.
Joe

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 08:10:13 PM »
Thanks Charles, it has been a long adventure. With that, the next and bigger novel is now in the second editing position, and we have high hopes that it will be available in late Spring/early Summer.  It is the story of my father's attempts to become an American citizen after having to escape a murder in Italy. Lots of interesting tales around flying in the First World War in 1918.
Joe

Joe,

The second book is nonfiction?

I know the publishing industry very well, so I know how great an accomplishment this is.

Along that long road, did you ever self publish?

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 08:19:58 AM »
Charles, with all due respect, I think we should drift away from this Carrier section. Too many times on SH the topic is forgotten and ends up with nothing to say about the intended topic.
Joe

Advertise Here

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.
Tags:

Advertise Here