News:

• May 10, 2024, 12:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New (novice) Wildcat Profile for NW .40 Profile  (Read 4081 times)

Joe Just

• Trade Count: (0)
New (novice) Wildcat Profile for NW .40 Profile
« on: December 04, 2010, 09:34:36 AM »
Here is just one of the prototypes of our new beginners Profile Carrier Plane.  It will come as a nearly ARF, with 3-line bellcrank,tip weight, leadout guide, leadouts, doubler's glued in place along with motor mounts glued in place etc. it will have a 2 piece foam core wing and will be about a 320 or so square wing. Right now it will be delivered within the U.S. for about $70 depending on yet to be solved shipping box weight.

While it is designed especially for the new NW .40 Profile event and is set up for the only engine specified, the FP .40, it also could be a start up plane for any individual flier  that might like to give Carrier light a try without breaking the bank.

Right now we plan only building 30 of these kits for 2011.  When all the remaining "bugs" are worked out we will advise and put in the threads for items for sale.

Joe Just

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: New (novice) Wildcat Profile for NW .40 Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 09:19:46 AM »
Hey Joe,

Sitrep, please........

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Offline Neal Beekman

• AMA65006 (Neal B.)
  • Commander
  • Neal Beekman (AMA65006)
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 09:55:55 AM »
Joe I do want one for fun, but you can never tell where it will lead. #^ #^
Neal Beekman

Joe Just

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 10:04:40 AM »
Hey Joe,

Sitrep, please........

Thanks,
Jim

Jim, I am truly sorry, but what the heck is a "Sitrep"? In my  pain filled doatage I often miss the obvious and minimise the relevant. Please do not use PM's, as I can not answer them.

Joe

Joe Just

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 10:05:48 AM »
Joe I do want one for fun, but you can never tell where it will lead. #^ #^

Neal, the first one out the door on the latest run is yours!  Will ship soon.
Joe

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 10:10:40 AM »
Sitrep, Army acronym for "Situation Report", translation "What's the latest?", or as my kid might say,"Wasup?"   8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Joe Just

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 11:11:37 AM »
OK, Here's WASUP?

I need about another 2 weeks to get the first batch ready for shipment.  This includes getting new shipping boxes, getting mailing costs settled, finishing work of minor surgery on the wing mounted line guide placement  and speding some time with our new Marine (grandson) who has now finished his Combat training and now home on leave 250 miles from here. Also am about done writting the assembly manuel.

Right now I am considering the sale price and wondering if a flat shipping price is wise.  Perhaps I may ship and ask for exact shipping cost to be returned by the buyer after delivery.  Tried this once in the past and it worked pretty good even though I had to wait sometimes for shipping costs to be re-bated.

I can save myself and the buyer a couple or 3 dollars if I do not ship spars but ask the buyer to buy them at a local source.  What thinkest thou? This will allow a smaller box to be ordered, thus saving me and the buyer some dough.

Joe

Offline Neal Beekman

• AMA65006 (Neal B.)
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 12:37:34 PM »
Sounds good to me, what size are the spars?You are the Boss what ever you say.
Neal Beekman

Joe Just

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 06:44:10 PM »
1/4" x 1/4" x 40".

Joe

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 09:29:54 PM »
Hi Joe,

I am definitely IN.  No spars works just fine for me.

On another note, why can't you return PMs?  Is there an error message or something you get?

Also, is Pay Pal a payment option?

Thanks!
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline David Shad

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 05:42:52 AM »
Lol...We had SITREPS in the AF too....I am in Joe...Whatever is easiest for you ...cheaper is fine...I can
get that stock if  I don't already have it local.   Please advise on how much to send when you are ready.
Paypal is fine too.   Thanks...Dave.
Big Dave AMA 80235

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 06:48:54 AM »
Joe,

I'm in.  I can get spars locally, if I don't have them in my stash.........
Is the bellcrank shown in the pics part of the package, or could the Brodak system be used?

Thanks,
Jim

I don't do paypal, but can send postal M.O. or cashier's check on my bank (Bank of Nigeria OK?) LL~
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Joe Just

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 09:24:48 AM »
OK, here's the info for David, Jim and the thousands of possible customers waiting with baited breath.

PayPal is fine, there will be a small extra charge for using this service.  more than likely $2.00

Money orders, checks, gold dust and obscene requests considered. No COD's. Banks offshore are too busy with my other business to bother with what with major E-leaks recently.

Spars will no longer be included unless spars are requested.

The bell crank shown in the pictures will come with the plane.  Majory surgery will be needed if you use a Brodak BC.

Basic postage charge will be $15.  If it costs more that $15 as noted on your package, you are asked to refund the balance.  If in the unlikely case you really hate the kit and want to return it the return postage is your responsibility. I hate to sound like a barracks lawyer, but things are what they are in today's market.

Semi-ARF kit pricing is $50 plus postage.  All kits will be sent Priority mail with receipt conformation included. I will beginshipping kits in about one week.

Now, the PM problem.....I can receive PM's, but my computer will not allow me to answer or send PM's.  When I try, and I have tired nearly 50 times, a box appears noting an error by my previous email provider (BMI.net) that dissalows this type of message.  I have tried repeatedly to get my previous provider (BMI.net) to explain this to me, but they are as puzzled as I am.  Now I recently changed providers (q.net), guess what?  The same message appears with the BMI message intact. q.com does not have an answer either. Stunt hanger implies that it must be a problem on my end (no sh##) In any case, unless some 3rd gradeer passes by and i can convince him to drop in and help me i am S Out Of Luck!  Any suggestions?  Dont forget, I am completly computer (as wll as other subjects) stupid.

Joe Just 

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 10:41:43 AM »
Are you using Internet Explorer? Have you tried downloading and using FireFox? My guess is when you installed the software from your previous provider (BMI) it installed either a special copy of Internet Explorer or it installed an add-in that is blocking your access to the PM's.

If I had the computer I would first do a file search for anything that had "BMI" in the filename, if it looks like it belongs to BMI.NET delete it. Then open Regedit Start->Run->Regedit and search for "BMI.NET". Delete any entries I would find.  Not saying anyone should do this as it's a bit risky unless you have a pretty good idea of what you are looking for.

Actually.. Open Control Panel, go to Add-Remove programs and see if anything is listed for BMI.NET if it is listed remove it.. Restart the computer and see what happens....

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 11:01:20 AM »
" Open Control Panel, go to Add-Remove programs and see if anything is listed for BMI.NET if it is listed remove it.. Restart the computer and see what happens...."

If it smokes, you know something is wrong.......... LL~
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Offline Neal Beekman

• AMA65006 (Neal B.)
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 12:20:24 PM »
Can we use carbon fiber rods? My hobby shop has 1/4 X 1/4  Carbon fiber squares , really strong. ???
Neal Beekman

Joe Just

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 04:41:08 PM »
In my opinion carbon is not  necessary.  Spruce or balsa is all that is needed. Dont spend the extra $$ for this plane

Not sure I am willing to try the advice on deleating anything on this computer without skilled help at hand. Here' s my address

(*&^&&*(ukeyman)@#@#$(at)@#$%(q)!@#(dotcom)!@#$%^

Joe

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 06:06:53 PM »
HI Joe,

I am not real sure as to why the PM problem is happening.  It seems it should go straight through this website's software.  Maybe not........... where's Aaron (oldest son, CEAT degree LOL!!) when we need him?? LOL!!

Being a "Moderator" doesn't refer to computer expert! LL~ LL~ LL~

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 10:56:06 PM »
Joe,
most likely its the security settings in your browser,, I beleive that the PM system is java or some other script, if the security settings in your computers browser are set restrictive, then it will prevent unkown "scripts": from running under the premise that they may be virus'
I wont even attempt to talk you through that on the phone though, without being able to see your screen, its a crap shoot.
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 09:17:34 AM »
Joe,
most likely its the security settings in your browser,, I beleive that the PM system is java or some other script, if the security settings in your computers browser are set restrictive, then it will prevent unkown "scripts": from running under the premise that they may be virus'
I wont even attempt to talk you through that on the phone though, without being able to see your screen, its a crap shoot.

Hi Mark,

That sounds very plausible to me.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Joe Just

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 08:47:36 AM »
Profile "WILDCAT" KITS READY TO SHIP!
Check out posting in "Classified" section.  We have lowered costs by not including 1/4" spars, saving box and shipping costs. Only 16 left as of this morning,12/27.

Thanks to all for the encouraging emails, etc.
Joe Just

Offline John Castle

• Commander
  • The Bent Pin
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »
Is this class going to be flown at the NW Regionals next year. It sure looks like fun and it might take me that long to learn it well enough not to make a fool of myself.

John
John Castle
McMinnville, Oregon 
AMA# 589650

Offline skyshark58

• skyshark58
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 12:32:23 AM »
The plan is to fly it at all Northwest contests in 2011 starting with Portland in April.

Mike
mike potter

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 09:09:21 AM »
The plan is to fly it at all Northwest contests in 2011 starting with Portland in April.

Mike
Mike,
at ALL contests,, hmm guess I better get off the fence and get mine built then
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline skyshark58

• skyshark58
  • Captain
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 09:55:52 AM »
Well I may have gotten a bit enthusiastic but shall I say all that I can get enough intrest up. I also have a deck hauling problem. Since I no longer have a truck I will have to rely on someone else to move the deck in the Seattle area.    Mike
mike potter

Joe Just

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 07:02:55 PM »
Only 2 left. No more will be built this year. Maybe next year, but dont count on it. PM me to reserve one or both.
Joe

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 12:16:49 AM »
Hi Joe,

I didn't post here with a report on receiving my kit, sorry!  It is everything it is promised to be.  And in my "no carrier or three line experience" situation, that is good.  Minimal construction, all controls are installed.  Just need to mount an engine, glue together the parts, hook up the pushrods, etc., and paint it! 

A long time ago, I was gifted a Roberts 3 line handle and later a Brodak version.  Hopefully either of these will work. (??)  I also was gifted a couple sets of "3 wire" lines, in excellent shape.  Everything is hopeful for some summer "fleet operations!" 

Thanks, Joe
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Dennis Holler

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 07:40:24 PM »
Hey Joe, Got my Wildcat today!! #^  Thanks, it looks like a great kit, looks like really good light balsa.  I can't wait to put it together!!  y1   Guess I better purchase an engine for it  LL~ LL~ LL~
I've started plenty...would be nice to finish something!!!

Joe Just

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 11:31:01 AM »
Thanks Dennis!  Here is a picture of one of our "Wildecat kits as built by neal Beckman of the NYC area.  We have been very pleased with the positive feedback we are getting.
Joe Just

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 01:33:15 PM »
WOW....she is very pretty.  I sure wish I could fly carrier......but being alone for a hundred miles seems to preclude that! LOL  Very nice looking little ship. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 01:42:57 PM »
WOW....she is very pretty.  I sure wish I could fly carrier......but being alone for a hundred miles seems to preclude that! LOL  Very nice looking little ship. H^^

Hi Glenn,

I only have Aaron here (he's only 30 miles away! LOL!!) so we are somewhat alike in that respect!

I have never flown a three line C/L job.  I have wanted to for close to 50 years, just never have! LOL!!  This "kit" from Joe is going to change that.  I can easily make some sand bags and some eye hooks to push into the ground to simulate the carrier wires.  That will be the easy part.  A "real" model carrier deck isn't necessary to practice.........  We always have to fly off grass/dirt so that will make it a "little" easier on the gear during the learning curve.

Go for it, you won't be disappointed!
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 02:02:05 PM »
I did mess around with it years ago and still have a scale carrier plane (Fairey Albacore, WWII Biplane) hanging over my desk.  The reality is cost and lack of anyone to do it with.  If I had even one person around here who liked it, I would do it for sure.  I have been working with youth, helping them get into control line, but none have kept up with it, or they have moved away....sigh
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 02:30:21 PM »
I did mess around with it years ago and still have a scale carrier plane (Fairey Albacore, WWII Biplane) hanging over my desk.  The reality is cost and lack of anyone to do it with.  If I had even one person around here who liked it, I would do it for sure.  I have been working with youth, helping them get into control line, but none have kept up with it, or they have moved away....sigh

Do you have any one to launch for you?  (but I am guessing a carrier plane could still be launched using a stooge, but I don't like stooges! LOL!!)

The "costs" seem to be very low for planes of this type, less than a full blown "stunter".  ???

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 08:11:27 PM »
I would think the cost to build is about the same, either stunt or carrier.  But I prefer stunt, so diverting minimal funds into too many baskets just isn't feasable. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 09:44:58 PM »
Yes flying carrier alone can hinder a little.  I fly out of a stooge, stunt, sport or carrier.  Granted the high performance stuff does not work as well as when you have someone to work with,  but you have to do what you can.   That is why I have no class I or II carrier planes.  Flying three line can be a blast, especially when an RC'r comes across the parking lot to suggest to you how to get your engine to run steadier.  They don't realize that we are flying up wind and down wind each lap.  Of course when you get one to hover it blows their mind that it stays on the end of the lines.   I just chuckle when they talk about the 3D flying foam toys being referred to as flying.   Anyway if I didn't have so many planes I think Joe's Wildcat Profile would make a great trainer for control line.  If you get dizzy, slow down and land.  Then excelerate and fly again.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 09:56:23 PM »
I would think the cost to build is about the same, either stunt or carrier.  But I prefer stunt, so diverting minimal funds into too many baskets just isn't feasable. H^^

Hi Glenn,

yeah, minimal funds is what I have been used to for oh, maybe the 50 odd years of my life which I can remember. ;D 

But in my case, unless I am building a profile stunter, the "costs" were much less for this Profile ARF carrier kit from Joe. ;D  Heck, the control system alone in my newest stunter is over 3/4ths the cost of Joe's ARF, IIRC .  And that's just the beginning. ;D  A bellcrank, 2 ball joint horns, plus ball joints, threaded ends, CF tubes, etc., cost more than I like to remember (or admit!)! LOL!!  My used Magnum .36 compared to my used PA .61 plus pipe, header.......... even though both were bought "used", a lot different.  :##  guess I should have "qualified" it.  Still as cheap, or cheaper than a Ringmaster! LOL!!

Main thing is, I am finally going to actually fly a 3 line C/L plane after close to 50 years of messing with this stuff. ;D
Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 12:05:24 AM »
I have flown three line before and its a blast.  Your going to have a whole new appreciation for what fun is!  Try firing her up in the safety area and taxi out for take-off....then when you land....taxi her back! 
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta

Offline Neal Beekman

• AMA65006 (Neal B.)
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2011, 02:41:07 PM »
First flight's of 2011 at Flushing Meadow Park in New York City.
Neal Beekman

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here