News:

• April 19, 2024, 12:37:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Sport Gaurdian  (Read 1139 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
My Sport Gaurdian
« on: July 25, 2018, 05:06:16 PM »
I got the plans for this off the bay and proceeded to start cutting parts over a year ago.   Had redo the ribs as they didn't match the wing plan.  No dihedral and flat bottom.   Power is box stock Fox .25 throttle controlled engine.  Radio is one I got off Melvin. Found small servo at Hobby Haven of Overland Park, KS.  Finally got it all mocked up and set of lines made.  Guys may not like my handle set up.  Oh, the rules say .020 lines 60 feet minus 0 plus 6 inches.  Got first flight in today.   Second flight I put longer clip on up line.   Sure glad it wasn't windy.  Even at that it was very stable.   The radio even worked like it was supposed to.   Haven't weighed it yet, but to me it is light with all that stuff hanging on it.   So two short flights has me happy.   No it probably never fly like a helicopter in mover mode but it is something to play with.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: My Sport Gaurdian
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 06:14:32 PM »
I hope you have as much fun with your new carrier plane as I did with my "Frankenstein" at Brodaks. On my very first attempt at a carrier landing I did it with engine still running!. I was pumped!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 02:53:09 PM »
Would you believe that used to be a normal landing in carrier even when I flew the McCoy power Class 2 and all of the profiles since then.   Managed to save a few props that way. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 04:58:56 PM »
If Ginny and I get a chance this coming year to attend the Brodak Love-In I thought I would ship ahead two planes. Here is one that might just be entered in Sportsman and he .25 event as well.  All depends if my Cancer decides to give me a break in the meantime. This yet to be flown ship is a full take-apart build
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 05:21:26 PM »
Doc,
 you must have been d---- lucky, I've broken more props than I can to think about

Joe,
Hope you can make it to Brodak's, Love to see you again

John

Offline Dave Rolley

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 10:51:04 AM »
Looks a lot like the Rog Edwards version of Bill Melton’s early Guardian. I had one with an ST C35. Nice handling model.

Dave

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 11:13:15 AM »
Yes, I think the plans say designed by Bill Melton.   I got four more flights on it last night.  Moved lead outs back some.  Need to go back more.   The Fox seems like it needs more break in.  Right now 7 laps open throttle,  2 laps to slow down,  7 laps low speed and then i am going to have to land before engine quits.   2 ounce plastic tank right now.   Very stable.  Of course nose heavy also.

Here are pics of my controller set up.    H^^   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
Re: My Sport Guardian
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 02:25:40 PM »
On the advice of Council, we changed the deceleration from two laps to four. 
Reason: the judges couldn't always record the high speed and clear the watches in two laps. 
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here