News:

• May 09, 2024, 06:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: N.W. carrier guys  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Richard Imhoff

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
N.W. carrier guys
« on: February 03, 2016, 03:54:25 PM »
We here in Mich are going to have a carrier event with the sport 40 rules from you guys in the north west use for are Tour de Michigan series of summer contests.
Just wondering if either of the two types of FP40's are better suited for the event " meaning does one make better power???"

Dick Imhoff  AMA 58502

Combat, Racing, Stunt, and big time fun flyer, and Maybe a bit of carrier.

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: N.W. carrier guys
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 07:54:00 PM »
Richard, I checked out my 5 .40FP's in the shop. All of them have the look of the engine on the right. I don't think I have ever checked out the other .40FP's running at contests here in the NW, but I am wiling to bet the difference in graphics is simply a factory change on the case from one batch to another. I also am willing to offer that neither is more powerful than the other.  Glad to see that you are going to run what we feel is the best Carrier event ever to come down the pike.  Marc Warwashanna told me of your plans a few weeks ago and I was pleased. Have FUN, the NW Sport .40 Profile event, for all intents, is the only Profile Carrier event we fly now. Be sure to keep oit as thee rules are intended and you can't go wrong.
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline Randy Bush

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:59:41 PM »
Some of my FPs are ABN and some are iron piston.  A magnet will tell.  Choose your fuel accordingly.

The one on the right has the case style of my iron/steel 25 fps.  I've had good runners of both types.

Offline Richard Imhoff

• 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 10:34:27 PM »
The engine on the right has a cast iron piston it's the early version and on the test stand is not quite as strong as the other with the same fuel and prop, both are swap meet finds and look like little use on both engines.

We are sticking to the N.W. Rules as they are simple and easy to enforce, we have having a meeting with the four clubs involved with the Tour de Michigan in a couple of weeks to set the dates and events and to see how many planes are under construction. I know of six so far for sure being built.

. Rich.
Dick Imhoff  AMA 58502

Combat, Racing, Stunt, and big time fun flyer, and Maybe a bit of carrier.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here