News:

• May 10, 2024, 07:10:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anybody recall Meryl Booker?  (Read 507 times)

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Anybody recall Meryl Booker?
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:41:03 AM »
Back in the early 70's there was a gentleman in the Chicago area who flew Carrier. His name, as I recall was Meryl Booker (although that might/probably is an incorrect spelling). As I recall he was the Carrier Event Director at the 1972 (last Chicago) NATs.

Does anybody remember?

Thanks.

Bill
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Anybody recall Meryl Booker?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 01:02:49 PM »
It was Merrell Booker and he was the event director for carrier at the last Navy Nats. I was there and I do believe thats the year that might have had three decks. Bob Heywood should be able to shed some light on that. I also think he was a member of the Chicago Aeronuts maybe. Why do you ask?
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 06:57:57 PM »
Thanks for the info, Wayne.

I tried to fly carrier at the last Navy NATs in Chicago in 1972. I had a profile Guardian with moveable leadouts. Merell saw the technology and looked it over very carefully as I explained it to him. I was just wondering if he was still around and if he remembered that big blue Guardian with four lines on it. (That's another story! :-) )

Bill
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 08:45:13 PM »
Thanks for the info, Wayne.

I tried to fly carrier at the last Navy NATs in Chicago in 1972. I had a profile Guardian with moveable leadouts. Merell saw the technology and looked it over very carefully as I explained it to him. I was just wondering if he was still around and if he remembered that big blue Guardian with four lines on it. (That's another story! :-) )

Bill

Bill, Mark Warwashana told me this past weekend in Detroit that Merrill Booker passed away some time ago. He was the Carrier event director at the 72 Glennview Nats.
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 06:57:58 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Wayne. Thank you for passing on the information.

Regards,

Bill
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here