Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

Eric C.

(1/3) > >>

Bill Little:
We discussed the F-4-F Wildcat that you had in Profile Carrier.  Have you found those plans? 

Thanks!
Bill <><

eric conley:
Ive looked every where I can think of and have not found them. I'm begining to believe they were a victim of my move to Nevada. Sorry, eric

Bill Little:
Thanks for looking.  Maybe they will show up in an unexpected place sometime. ;D

What are a good set of plans to get that show all the basic of a profile carrier plane?

Thanks!
Bill <><

steve dinerman:
Bill the last profile carrier plane that i remember being published is my kingfisher design published in the Oct 1987 flying models.if i were to build another one now i would go with a thicker airfoil and the bellcrank suspended under the wing so you could get more line sweep.the article also also explains how to fly at 60%. it is a must read article if you are thinking of getting into carrier.
stephen dinerman

eric conley:
You have asked the $64k question Bill and I think you will get a different answer from each person you talk to. I'm involved in ''AMA Carrier'' competition flying and that is what I address when talking about carrier. Many people that dont fly carrier in competition feel that it is a scale event that has a added feature of landing on a carrier deck(a very simplified explanation on my part) and it is not quite that simple any more. To me carrier is a bit of a technical event (both building and flying) with some simi-scale aspects (AMA PROFILE CARRIER) thrown in which I enjoy very much. Class 1 and 2 I'm afraid is a little different in that it is (or suppose to be) based on scale (+ or - 5%) and is ruled by the MO1 at this time. So getting back to your question of what set of plans will show the basic of carrier building, I dont think there are any. I could send you some of my thoughts and I'm pretty sure someone else could send there thoughts and you would be wondering if we were talking about the same thing. Do you suppose this is why carrier has gotten smaller? If it is it's a very poor reason. I could go on and on but for now maybe I have dug my hole deep enough for now. eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version