News:

• May 01, 2024, 06:14:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Killing Time and Trying to get motivated  (Read 2561 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Killing Time and Trying to get motivated
« on: December 21, 2014, 06:25:50 PM »
Was looking for all the prints I thought  I had of the things Bill Bischoff does to his competition planes,  Carrier and Racing.   Took a while to find on here how he does the buttons for the bellcranks.   But, I got to reading of the projects that the guys have done the last few years.  Didn't realize that until this year I had not flown a carrier contest since Tulsa 2012.   Have been forcing my self to start getting back into shape so I can fly more this year.  With the new circle Dave Trible has lined up for us hope to get out more.  I like carrier for the challenge and racing for the work I get to do while the pilot just hangs on to the handle(ha ha).   May start on the Bearcat kit I have with up grades for flying and ease of adjustment.   But, time will tell.  Right now I am framing up a class II scale racer.   This is mainly just to get back to competing again locally.  Any way fellows don't hold me to the previous as this is not a New Years Resolution.  Could never keep them anyway.  More later as I think it is past my bed time. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Killing Time and Trying to get motivated
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 10:15:05 PM »

Stick with it Doc!
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
Re: Killing Time and Trying to get motivated
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 01:19:37 PM »
Hang in there Doc. My cure for lack of motivation is to make a simple plane...not worry to much about state of the art details that tend to drag one down. Simple racer, profile carrier, sport-stunt, just KISS and git 'er dun! 8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here