News:

• May 02, 2024, 12:34:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Contest flyer in "Events" section  (Read 455 times)

Offline Mike Anderson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Contest flyer in "Events" section
« on: April 19, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »
This is just a copy of one of my replies in David's "New Projects" thread -  I decided that in order for everyone who might be interested to see it, it should have a thread of its own.  If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask here or contact me directly.

"Speaking of Polk City - if anyone may be interested there is a flyer in the "Events" section:
(Polk City is just outside of Des Moines, for the out-of-towners who may be wondering)

Announcement:
http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=20990.0

Flyer:
http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20990.0;attach=79650

Note that the dates (May 7-8) at the top of the flyer are correct - the daily event schedule still
shows the May 1st and May 2nd dates from last year's flyer (just consider it a "typo").

We will have CL1-2 combined (% of record)
                     .15 profile
                     NCS Sport (% of record combined)
                             This is basically Sportsman, Skyray and Nostalgia combined - % of
                             "record" (last year's best top-20 score for the event)
     You may enter both a Class 1 and a Class 2 in 1-2 combined
     You may enter any combination of 'other' in NCS Sport that you have time to get a flight with -

We have Carrier scheduled for Saturday the 7th, but in the past we have put the events off until Sunday (by unanimous vote of the entrants) due crappy weather on Saturday and an improved outlook for Sunday.   In other words, we would welcome your attendance and will do whatever the flyers wish to do to ensure that we get in a lot of flights. 

Oh, yeah, we will also judge and mail in flights for Joe's Postal contest if anyone has a desire to start getting flights in for that."
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Joe Just

Re: Contest flyer in "Events" section
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 06:46:25 PM »
Mike, sure hope you can  get interested flyers to give the Postal Carrier Contest a try at your meet. Don't forget, there is a $100 prize for the club that gets the most entrants in the PCC this year.
Joe

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
Re: Contest flyer in "Events" section
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 08:59:22 PM »
We are planning a "Carrier Day" club get-together for 'sometime' later in the summer - We will have two of the "Penguin" trainers, two Skyrays, at least 3 .15's and probably a Profile, and perhaps even get the deck out.  I've got commitments from several club members, a couple of grandsons and the club has picked up 3 or 4 new members since I brought it up, so we'll see how it goes.  Probably not until after the Sig contest in late June however.

Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here