News:

• May 14, 2024, 03:03:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Carrier Trainer Kits GONE!  (Read 467 times)

Joe Just

• Trade Count: (0)
Carrier Trainer Kits GONE!
« on: April 02, 2010, 09:14:22 AM »
The 48 or so carrier Trainers have all been sold and shipped. This includes the free kits given to clubs to promote interest in giving  Carrier a try. I wish to thank all that were so interested in our offering. The last two went out yesterday. Yesterday we had several requests for the kits after the last one was mailed. Right now we want to take a bit of a break, and then we may offer more kits. We also built 40 some odd three line handles for the beginner, and have a few left.

To sum it up, I am convinced after several years of unofficial polls, letters, and following threads on the "net" that there is interest out there that needs encouragement. I believe sincerely that new Carrier fans can be built with the propper direction.  That building can come about when simple approaches rather than full bore winning at the top level is offered. 

Does that mean I am against top level competition? Not on your life! I am a strong supporter of record breaking, Nats winning etc.  But I also believe the more simple approach is best for those just perusing an itch to give Carrier a try.  With that, I also propose that membership in the NCS is paramount, particularly in assuring that regional NCS reps do as much as they can to grow the sport from the roots upward.

Right now the PCC management is sitting on about $700 in prizes to be offered to 6 winners in the postal contest ending in Sept. With a bit of luck that amount will grow.  the industry, the hobby shop owners, the NCS and individuals are really helping the idea of growing Carrier. Many consider the event worth keeping and growing. Add your thoughts here. Remember I can not answer PM messages but will use your address to reply to same, bypassing this or other boards.  If you need PCC rules just ask and you will get a set which not only spells out the rules, but gives the theory behind the basic idea of this laid back fun type of contest.  I also once again appeal to our offshore friends to give the contest a try.

That's it, time to vacuum up all the balsa dust.

Joe Just

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Re: Carrier Trainer Kits GONE!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 06:12:20 PM »
I was one of the lucky ones. Nice kit. I never tried carrier but I will now,,
Dan
MAAC 14300

Advertise Here
Tags: