News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:32:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Carrier at the Michigan State Meet  (Read 1284 times)

Online Paul Smith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Carrier at the Michigan State Meet
« on: September 15, 2020, 10:01:43 AM »
Like all other CL, the state meet and carrier are down to say the least, but The Strathmoor Club and Detroit Combat Team are carrying on the tradition.  I did Jury Duty all day Saturday for combat and they set up the deck for carrier on Sunday.

I was able to record scores in five events.  They were E mailed to Bob Heywood and Dick Perry.  I hope see them added to the NCS Top 20 soon. 

Everything worked to some extent.  My landings weren't as good as I would like, but thus far we've only had Muncie and Detroit, one day each, to practice with a deck.

I only have one photo small enough to post here.  It's my original 2006 Brodak 15 entry, which was built in under 3 weeks and is still my best bet to win something, despite the worn look.  Practice does help.
Paul Smith

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Carrier at the Michigan State Meet
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 11:45:19 AM »
Sorry to hear of the low entry.  Maybe if the right people get elected we might get have better turn outs.  Really my excuse is old age and legs are keeping me down.  This year it was the heat.  Nothing like dizzy spells after using the riding mower or some out side work/chores.  Once temps hit 90F degrees I was grounded. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 06:07:40 PM »
This year, with all the government travel & lodging restrictions, we were doing well to have any turnout at all.   From the reports I read, The Great Plains, soutwest, and deep south are doing business as usual with no virus issues.
Paul Smith

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 01:36:07 PM »
I'm going to get political and can be deleted if need be.  Look at where the areas are that are having trouble.  They are democratically controlled.   The media says the NFL games that have been televised are down on ratings.  I don't believe it is the virus causing the low ratings.  I believe it is the brain dead over paid players who don't the National Anthem at the start of a game.  Baseball has their dummy fans in the stands with only camera and officials in back ground.  Our local race track has no reported virus cases so far this season.  We use the mask to get into the track and concession stand.  Last two races noticed people not even putting masks on to leave.  In our model plane activities do we need a mask once engine is started and plane is air borne?  Even the helper doesn't need a mask to get plane back in pit area as long as we maintain reasonable distance.   People tell me or ask me how do you know you don't have the virus.   I use the test sent me at the start of this scare.   Take a deep breath and hold it for the count of 10.  If you don't cough,  gasp for air, or pass out you should be safe.   Depending on what I am doing I can get to the count of 30 going 1001, 1002, 1003 etc.  Today my back is starting to act up which is enhancing my grumpiness and don't forget old age even though my mind says i'm good to go.  Maybe the good LORD is trying to tell me some thing. R%%%%
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 08:38:59 PM »
Hey, Doc Holiday !!!

Did you notice there's a new sheriff in town?

Reduce the politics by 30% or get your second warning. 
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here