News:

• May 02, 2024, 11:21:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Almost a whole squadron of FJ-4's  (Read 440 times)

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Almost a whole squadron of FJ-4's
« on: January 25, 2011, 08:04:47 AM »
This is what I have been working on, FJ-4-15's one for carrier, one set up just as a sport airplane and the third is another club members that will be another carrier version. Ready for clear and final assembly. The two carrier airplanes will be entered in 15 carrier at Brodaks this summer.

Offline mike hartung

• aeronut
  • Lieutenant
Re: Almost a whole squadron of FJ-4's
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 11:32:48 AM »
Bob thats a supper model, I hope to make Brodaks this year so i can see them fly in person. ;)
blue skys and tail winds to all.

Joe Just

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 06:41:49 PM »
I knew this was going to happen!  Bob was bitten by he dreaded "Carrier Buig" last June and is now infected!  B ob. don't even think of tryin g to quit flying Carrier. Once the infection reaches your brain it can not be taken away.

Joe

Seeing Bob's stuff just makes me wonder why I was never able to create such great looking planes. Genes I guess.

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 06:53:33 PM »
Wow Bob - not only a supper model but breakfast, lunch and dinner as well. Very Nice. 8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 09:52:28 AM »
Thanks guys,

Hoping they fly as well as the big one and see no reason they shouldn't.

About figured out how to add a slider to the big one and as soon as I get these things off the bench I'm going to work on it. Also need to add some fixed tip weight, was told at Brodaks it needed more. Have the tip weight box crammed full so thought I would just bury an ounce to an ounce and a half in the wing tip and adjust with the weight box as necessary.

The 15 size isn't going to have this problem, I made the tip weight boxes big enough to hold way more than it could possibly need.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here