News:

• May 10, 2024, 01:52:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Carrier Decks  (Read 600 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Carrier Decks
« on: June 29, 2013, 09:48:01 AM »
Our illustrious friend from the NW mentioned using a British style carrier deck in one of the posts.   I have looked at the Barton site and the carrier site over there and their deck is much different.   Yes it is smaller and also the deck surface is up off the ground.   They also only use four arresting cables.   I too have thought of trying that type deck if I had the finances to do it.  It also seems their carrier participation is picking up.   Another big plus in their favor is fewer events for carrier.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Joe Just

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Carrier Decks
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 11:51:15 AM »
John, the BD (British and elsewhere deck) is only 26'6" in length, and only 5 feet wide.  My deck will be smaller, only about 20' long and will be made from sheets of foam like that which I already buy for making foam cores.  For right now I will only be using the take off portion (unless I get really into this project, at which point I may make the arresting area as well. Because there will be no need to walk on the deck I see no reason why foam sheets will not work well.  They come with plastic sheet covering, so fuel exhaust should not cause any problems.
Personally I think the raised deck makes a lot of sense.
Joe   

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here