News:

• April 27, 2024, 10:54:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: These nogood stinking electric motors from Chiner  (Read 1567 times)

Offline eric david conley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
These nogood stinking electric motors from Chiner
« on: June 07, 2016, 08:21:08 PM »
     I have sure had it up to my ears with our US business men and I use the name business men loosely. I think they say to them selves, I think I could make some money (most important part "the money") with some electric motors for airplanes. They go to China and say, "anybody want to makes some little electric motors for the good old USofA". So they get someone to make the motors and they bring them into the country and sell them with names like Hyperon and say Scorpion and they tell us what neat factories are putting them out and how dedicated to building top notch competitive moyors they are and they do turn out to be pretty good so we go out buy a bunch of their product and do pretty good. Over time (a short time) they start having some trouble with them (little things, like bearings, soft bendy shafts) and you order some parts but they don't always have what you want so you improvise here and there. Later you try again to buy some parts and they don't have any but they do have the motors you are using on sale now for 30 cents on the $ so you order a half dozen motors. All this time they keep telling you the parts should be in stock soon. Then one day your brand is all gone and now they are pushing some other motor that these same people are building and your friendly Business Man is telling you these motors are better and cheaper than the one you have been using. This is some times called the "The one Container Business" cause that's all you will ever get, one container. Am I the only one that sees this that way?
     I have an AXI motor that I bought a dozen years ago that tells you if it breaks it is to be sent to the factory for repair. It is still going strong and I have been using it on several different planes during this whole time. This motor was manufactured in Germany or Austria and cost 3 times as much. I would gladly buy another one of there motors but cant get one with the KV that want.
     So anyone else have these problems and what have you tried or am I looking in all the wrong places?
Eric

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: These nogood stinking electric motors from Chiner
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 09:44:50 PM »
Try Hacker, and Eflight, they are decent value motors,,
I am not a fan of china motors ,, I have had phenomenal luck with Eflight and Hacker though
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 10:28:39 PM »
The "one big production run", with no parts and no service is the worldwide standard of EVERYTHING, not just lectric motors.
Paul Smith

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 10:48:51 PM »
The "one big production run", with no parts and no service is the worldwide standard of EVERYTHING, not just lectric motors.

And will be, as long as people don't vote with their feet.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 10:55:11 PM »
And will be, as long as people don't vote with their feet.
well or voting with their wallet? buy the stuff that is built the way you want it, regardless of the cost, but, its a hard choice to make,
I know like with batteries, I can buy less expensive packs, but they wont last,, its the choice I make today,, same applies with motors, there are better motors,, value is the key for me
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here