News:

• May 05, 2024, 10:36:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scoring Graph for 15 and Profile carrier  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Robert Frogner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Scoring Graph for 15 and Profile carrier
« on: November 05, 2015, 02:56:54 PM »
At the Phoenix contest I realized I would like a quick estimate of my score after my flights without crunching the numbers. So I developed these scoring charts that will give a quick ballpark number for total score based on high and low times. I did one for 15 carrier and another for Profile.

They are easy to use. Find the low speed time on the X-axis, follow the line up to the approximate high speed timeline (some interpolation is needed here). Then go to the Y axis and find the total score. Both charts assume 100 point landings and in Profile there is also the 10 bonus points for scale appearance added to the total.

If you want to use them just print them on letter sized paper.

Not to be used for official scoring, for that the numbers should be calculated, but these charts will give a quick idea of total score with very little effort.

Offline Russell Shaffer

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Scoring Graph for 15 and Profile carrier
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »
This is great.  I'll be using it soon. 
Russell Shaffer
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Just North of the California border

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
Re: Scoring Graph for 15 and Profile carrier
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 07:03:31 PM »
These were first published in the carrier newsletter in the mid- late 1980's. Find your high speed on the left margin, follow it across to the right until you hit the vertical line that represents your low speed. The diagonal lines represent the score.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here