Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

.15 Carrier at the Nationals?

<< < (3/3)

john vlna:
Pretty close Kelly. Of course like everything every time you shop prices have gone up. I started into electrics in 2008. Back then 2.4Ghz was not legal and control was through the lines. Since 2.4Ghz was made legal, I have always used the cheapest radios I can find. Currently the one I use is https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr-tmhk-gt2b-3ch-2-4ghz-transmitter-and-receiver-w-rechargable-li-ion-battery-1.html   It has doubled in price in the last 2-3 years, now $40. I like it because it is 3 channel and is very reliable. Once you have a Transmitter all you need is additional receivers and servos and an onboard battery. So I haven't added it up but $30 or less sounds about right for multiple planes after your initial investment. In any case cheaper than 3 line if you are starting in without handles etc.

Air Ministry .:
an you use FOUR .15's ? .

Paul Smith:
A two engine F7F Tigercat dominated Carrier for about two years. 
Multi-engine was effectively banned by a quickie "emergency" rules change that mandated a lethal penalty if ALL engines did not run throughout the low speed phase of flight. 
It's hard enough to keep one engine running through low speed, let alone two.  The winning Tigercat cut the outer engine means of a small fuel tank.  According the plans and magazine article the inboard engine was allowed to run a full speed and the tip weight was seven ounces, thereby enabling some degree of hanging.

One-time stunts like landing a C-130, an OV-10 or a Piper Cub on a carrier, do, in fact, qualify the design per current rules, but they are a far stretch from intent of carrier-designed.

john e. holliday:
Watching these videos made me wonder what the heart rate was on the pilot and crew.  Had to have a lot of faith in aircraft and the crews that maintained them.  Also the also the crew of the moving landing strip.   If some one could come up with one of these 4 engined planes that could meet the weight rule and take off and land with out the use of the cable would be number one in my book esp[ecially if they kept all for engine running.  I vaguelly remember my firsrt successful model navy carrier landing.  I almost collapsed when the plane came to a stop and that big Red Head 60 was still idleling.  That has been so many years ago.  The only place that combo didn't place was the Nationals in 1964 in Dallas .  But, it seems no one is really trying to push the envelope without trying to change the rules.  The only way to win is to get a dood combo and practice.  That was my down fall as I did not practice that much. D>K

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version