News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:53:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 15 carrier  (Read 1689 times)

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
15 carrier
« on: April 17, 2018, 07:01:33 PM »
I am currently working on an all 15 issue for Hi-Lo news, the newsletter of the NCS.  And I am looking for input. Building ideas, trimming, design, whatever. If you would like to contribute I would appreciate it.
The newsletters are posted on the NCS site and membership is still free. Input can be sent to flyclcarrier@yahoo.com

The NCS site is at;
http://navycarriersociety.org/MainMenu.aspx

Thanks John

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
Re: 15 carrier
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 07:25:49 AM »
This is obviously not an entry in the carrier beauty contest.  It's my 14-year-old Brodak Lightning Streak retrofitted to electronic throttle control.  It's been refinished twice already.  I decided on a basic patch job.  Carrier planes get banged-up all the time.  Maybe I'll recover next time.

The new idea on this rev is putting the servo in the wingtip and using a 90-degree bellcrank.  This get the weight outboard and keeps the oil off the servo.

The compartments are just FasCaled over so I can see inside and cut in if I need to.
Paul Smith

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 07:36:47 AM »
The radio shack of my latest rev.  The battery is built in with the charge plug hanging out.  That's sawdust stuck to the inside of the Fascal.

Also an adjustable hook-limiting device made off the wheel collar
Paul Smith

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 07:17:50 PM »
HRE IS JUST ONE OF MY .15'S. IT WAS DESIGNED TO TAKE APART AND SHIP TO PA FOR THE BRODAK MEET, BUT THAT MIGHT NEVER HAPPED. SO, IT HANGS ON THE WALL WITH IT'S BRODAK .15 AND ALL THE NUTS AND BOLTS THAT ALLOW IT TO BE SHIPPED IN A SMALLISH BOX.  NOT A WINNING PLANE, BUT A LOT OF FUN!
JOE
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 09:18:25 AM »
OH HECK, while we ae at it, here is the companion ship for that same planned trip. Again totally breakdown plane with an OS .35FP on the front end. Another fun ship.
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 11:46:18 AM »
Thanks guys, I'll include your stuff
John

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 05:02:28 AM »
John, I have attached a drawing of the .15 Guardian I fly in .15 Carrier. It is a design by Gary Hull. Powered by an ASP .15 and uses a 3 line Brodak system. You can use it in your article.
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 07:51:14 AM »
My Brodak Lightning Streak, back in it's Monocote phase.

It looked better in Monocote, but I decided I wanted the fibre strength of silk.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here