News:

• March 29, 2024, 08:42:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Whitley's Article  (Read 1924 times)

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Whitley's Article
« on: May 14, 2023, 08:26:54 AM »
 Hi John!!
   I hope you are doing well!! Thanks a lot for pinning the Whitley Article to the top of your section. it makes it easy to find and easy to reference people to it. At the beginning of the article Bob mentions and article by David Fitz on stab incidence and an inspiration for article, and would you know what issue of StuntNews that was in? I'm pretty sure I have it, just would like to narrow down the search field to find it to review it. I have been using Whitely's "recipe" ever since I first read the article and can verify that it "Always Works"!!
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
Re: Whitley's Article
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 10:39:54 AM »
Hi Dan, How's retirement going? Have you figured out the time distortion, as in, how did you get anything done when you were working, 'cause you don't have enough time now to get anything done? Ha ha, it's good to hear from you, my friend.

That's a good question and relates to how Bob and Fitz'es findings sort of merge. I remember the article and I believe Bob's "Things That always work," came out after Dave's study on stabs and elevators was published. That would be after 2000, and before 2010. I wish I could be more exact.

If you locate the article, and wouldn't mind, I would be happy to pin it alongside Whitely's article. A lot of problem solutions seem to fall under these two pieces of work.

Keep posting Dan, you're helping a lot of people as they venture along the CL PA path.
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 05:31:10 AM »
  Good Morning John;
     I'm still figuring this retirement thing out. Was more or less forced into it a year earlier than planned due to the pandemic and other things beyond my control. My knees were giving up on me rapidly while I was working still, and that hampered activities in retirement. I just had my left knee "rebuilt" two weeks ago and rehabbing it as quickly as possible. Might be able to wait a while on the right knee, as even while I'm still dealing with post op swelling and such, my left knee feels so much better that I think it can help carry some of the load and work the right one has been doing. 3 week post op evaluation is on the 9th and we'll see what the doc has to say.

Thanks for the clues on the stab incidence articles. As soon as I am allowed on the basement steps I'll look for it! When I find it I'll scan it and get it to you.

I hope all is well with you!!
     Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 02:21:30 PM »
Hi Dan, I'm happy to hear your knee is showing good promise. I look forward to your search and findings. As for me, I'm sometimes doing really good, and other times not so good. I guess it's just the old age creeping up on me. I hope I have enough contests left in me to see you again.
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here