News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:01:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard  (Read 2460 times)

Offline John Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Vanguard
« on: March 09, 2020, 06:09:26 PM »
I thought I might post the design I've been spending most of my time on lately. It's named "Vanguard", and it's a full bodied electric, non-flapped stunt design. It has an elyptical warren Truss wing that was fun to work ot. I'm getting it ready to laser cut a prototype so I can prove the design.

Hope you like it.

John
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 10:06:00 AM »
Looks different than the run of the mill designs.   Haven't gone electric yet. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 10:38:51 AM »
Non-flapped?
I like that. The more moving parts I have, the more ways I have to get it wrong....
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 01:37:38 PM »
Thanks, guys, your comments are really appreciated. It's been interesting to delve into this design exercise. I like the fact that it is different looking than many of those designs who have preceded it. I have tried to apply the principles I've learned from the books and others whose expertise I respect, yet have the design maintain it's own distinct look.

Simplicity, the K.I.S.S. principle, can be good, especially with CL aerobatic model airplanes, but depending on the level of performance you are looking for, There does appear to be a level of difficulty attaining competency with good flapped designs.

There are several well designed non-flapped stunters available. I hope to add to that number with what I hope will be a step, up from the designs that have proceeded it.

The prooving of this design, and it's hopefully improved aerobatic abilities, awaits my finishing the plans, building, finishing, and flying it through the pattern.

Thanks for your interest, and great flying weather to you

John Miller
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here