News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:22:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gord's Gemini twin plan  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Bruce Perry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Gord's Gemini twin plan
« on: April 16, 2020, 12:20:58 AM »
John, do you happen to had a copy of Gordy's Gemini plan?

Bruce Perry.

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
Re: Gord's Gemini twin plan
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 09:46:15 PM »
Hi Bruce, long time now. How's it going?

No, unfortunately the only plans were hand drawn by Jim Roades. I'd love to get a copy to work from. I'd be able to get it into CAD so parts could  be laser cut. That action should be cleared by both Gordy, and Jim. Jim is, or was, a very good CAD man.

John
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Offline Bruce Perry

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 03:05:01 AM »
Yes it has been awhile!  As you know I have Gemini now. I asked Gordy if he had the drawings as I'd like to have a copy if I have the plane. He looked all over and can't find them.  If you come across them he's keen for them too. Just thought I'd ask you in case it was being converted to CAD ...

Stay safe

Bruce

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 07:07:52 PM »
I expect to visit him in a few weeks. If we can find them, I'll  be converting them to CAD.

As I remember. the plans were working drawings and not what we might call "plans". They work for a scratch builder, but might be difficult for many to use. Of course, I know you have the skills.

Have you flown it yet? By it's size, it appears like a Surf board going over the top in the wing over. Quite a gorgeous sight by itself. it also presents an interesting illusion when it comes to the square maneuvers. It appears to stop, rotate, and fly out on the new heading, making the corners look to be zero degree turns. I know that's impossible, but it looks neat.

One big advantage, by converting it to CAD, we'll be able to scale it down to where us mere mortals can handle it in the air.

I'll let you know if we find the plans, and, if we do, I'll see you get a copy.

Best wishes Bruce, John
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here