News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:17:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: full bodied stunt designs  (Read 122145 times)

Offline John Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
full bodied stunt designs
« on: May 29, 2015, 10:03:10 PM »
I thought I should post some full bodied designs.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:31:00 AM by John Miller »
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
2 bit stunter designs
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 10:17:35 PM »
When I drew these designs up, my thoughts were to have 3 planes, that were closely designed to be like each other. The main difference was based on size, The smallest, was for .19-.40 size engines. The middle one is for .36-.46 engines, and the largest one, .60, and up.

CAD drawn, 3 sheets, including the pattern sheet.

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
Re: full bodied stunt designs
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:08:21 AM »
Here's a design for a Fantasy Scale twin engine German WWII ground support fighter. I call it Ziepanserflug. I did an online build of it for my now extinct website. It flew great, and would make a great electric with retracts. As designed, a pair of .15 two strokes is about perfect. A pair of .28 -.30 4 strokes, is also perfect.

Brodak has picked this design for kitting in he future.

Features 52.3" wingspan, 574 Sq. inch area.

A bargain as it is only 2 sheets. including a Pattern Sheet.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:11:01 PM by John Miller »

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 06:09:54 PM »
Hi Ty, I think you'll like the 4 Bits. My pricing is easy to understand. Look in the pinned post near the top of the listings, called, "Method of payment." This pinned post comes up when you click onto "Cadclassics plan service."
I supply a set of Adobe.PDF files, and license the buyer for 2 sets of plans. I charge $5.00 for each sheet. So the charge for the 4 Bits, is $15.00. Shipped electronically.you get them as attachments, and no shipping charges.

You can bring the files up on your computer, and study the plans easily, When you are ready, take the files to a print shop that can print large scale documents.  KINKO'S is one such a shop that has shops everywhere. I do take PayPal. jobelcrank(at)yahoo(dot) com.

Look forw2ard to hearing from you, and Thanks Ty.

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 08:47:42 PM »
Ok Ty, I can have the printing done, and mail the sheets to you. It'll be $15.00 plus the printing and mailling costs. It usually costs about 6 - 7 bucks to mail rolled in the US. It's cheaper to ship folded flat in an envelope. Likely not more than $3.00.

I'll charge only what it costs to print. I'll get them out tomorrow. If you're going to Brodaks, I can bring them with me, and saving the shipping.

I'm sorry you had the misfortune over printing in the past. It seems that many of the employees do not get the complete training.

Let me know what you desire.

John

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 03:14:08 PM »
Ok Ty, I can have the printing done, and mail the sheets to you. It'll be $15.00 plus the printing and mailling costs. It usually costs about 6 - 7 bucks to mail rolled in the US. It's cheaper to ship folded flat in an envelope. Likely not more than $3.00.

I'll charge only what it costs to print. I'll get them out tomorrow. If you're going to Brodaks, I can bring them with me, and saving the shipping.

I'm sorry you had the misfortune over printing in the past. It seems that many of the employees do not get the complete training.

Let me know what you desire.

John

I managed to get a good price on printing, so the final price comes to $35.00. I need your address to ship, if you still want the plans.

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 02:54:13 PM »
It looks suspiciously like this.

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 12:16:24 PM »
Yes Dennis, The Black Hawk twin is the inspiration for the Zviepanzerflug. I began by planning on redrawing the half A twin into CAD so I could offer it, along with creating the files for laser cutting the parts. Before Getting started, the thought entered my mind about a fantasy scale WW2 German fighter. I used a wing of my own design, with a good stunt airfoil. The stab and elevator are also my scribblings, with some assistance from Kieth Trostle regarding the final shape.

The design was flying good when lost to a problem in the flap horn I missed. I intend to rebuild it, as an electric with retracts.   

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 11:57:08 AM »
I love flying this Jack Sheeks design, Torino. It has a distinct appearance from the handle, an flies darned good, once you increase the elevator area.  I checked with Jack, and he's the one who told me to make the elevator larger.
What more can we ask? A twin boom, I-Beam design
3 sheets, including the patten sheet. Classic legal.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:19:33 PM by John Miller »

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 12:18:24 PM »
An interesting and great flying Hungarian design from the 60's. The ones that I know were built from these plans, were built by Gordan Delaney, and Pete Peterson. One of these, if my information is correct, resides in Switzerland. and keeps getting rebuilt over and over when it has one of those encounters with Terra Firma.

A least 2 sheets, 3 with pattern sheet. Classic legal.

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 12:39:37 PM »
My Stunt Bipe. I'm still working on this one. It flew gracefully in all but the maneuvers requiring sharp turns, where it waggled it's wings in a momentary stalled condition. To correct this problem, I increased the area of the wings, and flaps, and show these changes on the plans, but before I could build the new wings, I had my accident. I haven't yet felt good enough to make a proper set of wings. I'm considering an over all reduction in size, and electric power. I'll see as I get back into the design.

4 sheets, all inclusive.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:03:25 PM by John Miller »

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 11:38:56 AM »
I've combined classic, Golden 30's, and modern, under full bodied stunt designs. Many Classic, and most Golden 30's, can compete in modern P.A.M. P. A. class just fine. I will call out Classic, and Golden 30's to let you know what you're looking at

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here