News:

• December 13, 2018, 12:11:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I Screwed-up the installation - HELP!  (Read 748 times)

Offline Larry Renger

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
I Screwed-up the installation - HELP!
« on: February 06, 2018, 02:54:34 PM »
I installed ACAD, and had problems with it. It would not print or save my drawings.  >:(

Sooo...I decided to wipe it out and reinstall.  Silly me, I forgot that you UNINSTALL programs, not erase the files.    :-[

As a result, there is something still lurking on my machine that won't let me reinstall the program. It says it is already installed.  ~^

When I go searching for remaining files, I can find "AutoCAD2010setup.exe" supposedly in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Temp  If I try to go there, it isn't there, even if I open up the folder for hidden files. If I try to erase it from where it was found by the search engine, it says it can't be found!   HB~>

Any suggestions would be welcome (not including "buy a new computer" or "format the hard drive").

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!  H^^
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan

BTW, Dracula Sucks!

A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Online Dennis Nunes

• Ensign
Re: I Screwed-up the installation - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 05:02:58 PM »
Hi Larry,

Though you deleted the files, have you tried to do an uninstall through Windows Add and Remove Programs?. There are some residual files that get buried in various folders that may still allow you to do an uninstall, or as you are experiencing, prevent from reinstalling the software.

If that doesn't work, please see the information at: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/remove-products/clean-uninstall. The later part gives instructions on where these files reside. Also, there are some registry keys that may need to be deleted from the registry. BEWARE: Editing the registry is not for the inexperience, as a mistake can render your computer system useless!

Dennis

If at first you don't succeed ---- let someone else try it!  ;)

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 03:17:58 PM »
BEWARE: Editing the registry is not for the inexperience, as a mistake can render your computer system useless!

Dennis

And then you can wipe the hard drive and install Linux!!
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Peter Nevai

• 2018 Supporter
  • Captain
    • DasNet Corporation
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 07:35:31 PM »
Yes run the uninstaller that will probably do the trick.You can google for Autocad uninstall tool.
Words Spoken by the first human to set foot on Mars... "Now What?"

Offline Larry Renger

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 06:01:14 PM »
That worked!  #^

Thanks   H^^

DesignMan

BTW, Dracula Sucks!

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 02:45:31 PM »
Good to hear you're back on the road.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Larry Renger

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 05:14:45 PM »
Unfortunately, after reinstalling the program, it still would self-destruct on a save as command. I bit the bullet and got a new copy of ACAD LT. Sadly, now you rent it on an annual basis, not buy it outright.

Guess I better return to doing money making work! Though it is only 10% of full Autocad per year it is still hard to justify for a retired guy. Full purchase price for 3DTurbocad was half the annual cost of ACAD LT. If I didnít have so many drawings in ACAD  format, there would be no excuse for not switching over. Eric Rule needs ACAD 2004 format for his laser cutter.

I find I am really rusty on the details of commands.  HB~>. Like how do you enter polar coordinates for a line?  I thought it was @length>angle but that doesnít seem to work. These little boxes show up but refuse to let me fill them in. AAAAUGH! Clearly I am missing a clue here.   ???

DesignMan

BTW, Dracula Sucks!

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 05:06:31 AM »

I find I am really rusty on the details of commands.  HB~>. Like how do you enter polar coordinates for a line?  I thought it was @length>angle but that doesnít seem to work. These little boxes show up but refuse to let me fill them in. AAAAUGH! Clearly I am missing a clue here.   ???

Should be @length<angle
MAAC 8177

Offline Larry Renger

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 10:16:55 AM »
Thanks!  H^^

DesignMan

BTW, Dracula Sucks!

Tags: