News:
2018----><---- T Shirt

• December 12, 2018, 08:00:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cad components files  (Read 12129 times)

Offline John Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Cad components files
« on: January 01, 2013, 08:45:08 AM »
Please post your engine, and component files you wish to share here.

If you were given the file as it was created by someone else, let's try to give the file author credit for the work. H^^
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:28:06 PM by John Miller »
Getting a line on life. AMA 1601

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
Re: Cad components files
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:39:50 PM »
Under Hints and tips, let me start off the discussion by explaining how I use layers.

Layers are used in  several ways to organise a drawing. there are several desirable ways to organise, and I use a rather simple method, that helps me keep track of things.

I start with a basic proto drawing setup. In  it I've created my limits, (the size of the drawing,) and my line weights and types based on  the layers used.

I use different colors that represent the different line types, and weights. Defpoints is a layer that you can see in a drawing, but does not print. It's a helpful type of line that you use just like you would that hard sharp pencil you used to layout the drawing when you are hand drafting.

I use Cyan for the main object lines, and the other lines are much narrower, such as dimensions, or dim layer.  I also use a special very thin blue line, known as an "Object trace",  to show objects such as bellcranks, engines, and tanks in place. Since the thin line does not jump out and command you look at it, but shows clearly what is there, I feel that it makes for a better appearing drawing.

The Yellow lines are used as thicker lines, like borders and title blocks. I've also included a generic title block and a scale to help you out.

I'm attaching one of my proto setup drawings, so you can see what I'm talking about. Almost every drawing I do starts with one of my proto drawings

steven yampolsky

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 08:19:15 PM »
PA 75

Offline Avaiojet

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 08:53:43 PM »
Jet wing.

Test so please let me know what you get?

Charles
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:21:42 AM by Avaiojet »
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS

Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS

Please visit my updated Website! www.cfcgraphics.com

If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.

Alpha Mike Foxtrot.

Owner of CFC Graphics. "Model Airplane Graphics from a Model Airplane Builder."

"No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."

Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten.

I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.

"Ya gotta love it when a plane comes together."

Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."

"Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 09:45:52 PM »
Jen .57
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:44:54 PM by Avaiojet »

Alpha Mike Foxtrot.

I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.

"Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 01:07:02 PM »
FWIW, neither the "jet wing" or "Jen .57" open for me. Honest.

Mr. Yampolsky's posting of the PA .75 drawing is a shining example of how to post in this particular pinned topic. No gab, just the file...and it works. Two gold stars for Yampolsky!   H^^ Steve
In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.

In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General Mattis.

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 02:51:52 PM »
Let us move the discussion of Charles engine posting.

First, let me correct myself. the file wasn't tiny, it was very large, with the crank measuring out at over 107 inches long. That is why it will open using Zoom, All for the command.

I scaled it to a point where the crank was about 3 inches long. I could have made it exact, but I don't know the exact crank legnth. I then plotted it to a .pdf file, which I'm attaching here.

Though the file may be useful for some things, it's not what most want for CAD work.

I'm attaching the .pdf file so you can see what we are talking about, and looking at.

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 03:00:51 PM »
Here is a .pdf of the PA .75 Steve posted. The reason this style of drawing is more desirable is it's accurate represntation, which allows it to be entered into a drawing whole.

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 04:48:34 PM »
Would it help to put a scale on the drawing, so we'd know if we had it scaled correctly? That was where the "Hardly" Engineering CADers always stumbled on their dangly bits. Consistently, too. My blood pressure is much lower now!  y1 Steve
In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General Mattis.

Offline Avaiojet

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 05:03:48 PM »
Let us move the discussion of Charles engine posting.

First, let me correct myself. the file wasn't tiny, it was very large, with the crank measuring out at over 107 inches long. That is why it will open using Zoom, All for the command.

I scaled it to a point where the crank was about 3 inches long. I could have made it exact, but I don't know the exact crank legnth. I then plotted it to a .pdf file, which I'm attaching here.

Though the file may be useful for some things, it's not what most want for CAD work.

I'm attaching the .pdf file so you can see what we are talking about, and looking at.

John,

I have no idea what would make that file 107" in length? I drew that Jen.57 for a model I'm designing in my drawing program. Actual size actually. In fact, my laser cutter has a few vecter images of wood to be cut from the same file.

He opened it full size, correct scale.

Be interesting if we heard from others?

Charles

Alpha Mike Foxtrot.

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 05:25:55 PM »
John,

I have no idea what would make that file 107" in length? I drew that Jen.57 for a model I'm designing in my drawing program. Actual size actually. In fact, my laser cutter has a few vector images of wood to be cut from the same file.

He opened it full size, correct scale.

Be interesting if we heard from others?

Charles

Hi Charles, I don't know why it happened either. I suspect that it is related to the cross platform usage. I'm sure it has, and will contiue to work for you in  the future. Even with this kind of issue appearing , it doesn't mean there isn't some usability there to be had. We just need to know how to make the changes  needed.

For Steve, to open Charles's file, open it and then use a zoom command. In ACAD, and Draft sight, try this short cut; z, enter, a, enter. It should bring the image to view. You can scale the drawing in several ways. Try the following commands. sc, (it's a short cut for the word scale.) and then enter. pick the image by stretching a box around it. c lick enter, the program should now be asking you to pick a scale factor. Try .028 to make the crank about 3 inches long. hit enter, and you should be there.

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 05:30:43 PM »
Would it help to put a scale on the drawing, so we'd know if we had it scaled correctly? That was where the "Hardly" Engineering CADers always stumbled on their dangly bits. Consistently, too. My blood pressure is much lower now!  y1 Steve

Adding a scale is almost always helpful, esp. when working across different platforms. Not usually needed when working CAD to CAD.

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 10:07:38 PM »
I think the problem Charles is having is drawing in Adobe Illustrator and then trying to pawn it off as a CAD file just because he save it in CAD format. IMHO, that is NOT what I think this forum is about,  trying to straighten Charles' AI drawings out is a waste of time.

If we are to have a CAD forum, I hope we can limit the input, etc. to CAD and leave the various drawing programs to some other discussion. I sure am not going to try and teach/preach about using PostScript to draw pictures even though I am quite proficient doing it. There are other places for that.
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline Avaiojet

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 11:56:11 PM »
I think the problem Charles is having is drawing in Adobe Illustrator and then trying to pawn it off as a CAD file just because he save it in CAD format. IMHO, that is NOT what I think this forum is about,  trying to straighten Charles' AI drawings out is a waste of time.

If we are to have a CAD forum, I hope we can limit the input, etc. to CAD and leave the various drawing programs to some other discussion. I sure am not going to try and teach/preach about using PostScript to draw pictures even though I am quite proficient doing it. There are other places for that.

Bill,

I draw "nothing" in Adobe Illustrator.

Your whole post? Just contribute something. At least I'm trying.  ;D

Happy New Year back at ya!   n~

Charles
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:23:33 AM by Avaiojet »

Alpha Mike Foxtrot.

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 07:18:12 AM »
Hello, Charles;

"Contribute something". Perhaps you should actually read what I wrote instead of posting your usual knee-jerk reaction.

"Contribute something": a post attempting to get the forum and thread back on track instead of the "see if we can get Charles' problems using AI straightened out."

Charles, why don't you just download DraftSight, like us other po'folk and start posting actual CAD efforts? Then you would be using this forum for what I perceive is its purpose. (Now THIS IS  a contribution: getting rid of the extraneous noise on the thread and keeping it on-topic. In order to achieve that, either take any reply back-channel or just be quiet. That's what I am doing now. )
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline Avaiojet

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 09:24:36 AM »
Bill,

I read quite clearly what you wrote.

I don't have any problem creating or saving any vectored file that I create. And I create plenty. I can also open them.   n~

The professional laser cutters, that I have a business relationship with, have no issues with opening my files either. They never had.

The issues are at the receiving end, simple as that.

If you can read my files, fine, if you can't, then so be it. No big deal. So it was pointless for you to post those comments.

I know you can open my PDF files. Spend the time and draw vectored line art from the line art in them. It's good practice.

FYI. I don't draw or create anything in AI.

Charles

Alpha Mike Foxtrot.

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 09:34:01 AM »
Here are the CAD files that are attached elsewherein the forum. I've brought them over here where they should be. Not the authors fault, it's just me trying to get things better organised.

Offline Mark_Gerber

• Ensign
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 05:07:46 PM »
Hi John,

Glad to see you're back in circulation.

This forum is pretty cool.  Anyone know where I can get a 3-view .dwg of the E-flite Power 15 brushless motor?

Mark Gerber

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 06:26:58 PM »
Here's a file containing a wheel for use with our models. You can scale it to the size you need.

Offline Sam Howe

• New Pilot
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 08:28:38 PM »
I have a few files I gathered in the past. I don't remember where I got them, but will pass them on.

Here's the Fox .35

Sam Howe
AMA 531442

Offline Sam Howe

• New Pilot
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 08:32:10 PM »
A few miscellaneous parts

Sam Howe
AMA 531442

Offline Sam Howe

• New Pilot
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 08:33:24 PM »
Cox engines

Sam Howe
AMA 531442

Offline Sam Howe

• New Pilot
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 08:36:13 PM »
Asp 46 and K&B .40

Sam Howe
AMA 531442

Offline Sam Howe

• New Pilot
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 08:38:52 PM »
os 40 fp side

Sam Howe
AMA 531442

Offline Avaiojet

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 04:18:26 AM »
DU-BRO Hinge

Charles

Alpha Mike Foxtrot.

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 04:29:09 AM »
This is the Parts file I received from Larry Cunningham. It contains several engines, and control system componets.

Online Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 10:57:50 AM »
Its a shame we don't have some sort of filing system on the forum that these could be kept in.  Would make it much easier for people to find things.  Of course I am full of suggestions and have absolutely no idea how that would work or even if its possible.  n~ H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 08:12:32 PM »
Cox engines

Sam Howe
AMA 531442

I downloaded the cox baby bee file.  When I opened it in both DRAFTSIGHT and my usual CAD program in came out in metric units and incidentally 25.4 times size.  I wonder if I did something wrong. 
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline Sam Howe

• New Pilot
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »
I downloaded the cox baby bee file.  When I opened it in both DRAFTSIGHT and my usual CAD program in came out in metric units and incidentally 25.4 times size.  I wonder if I did something wrong. 

Probably not. It must have been drawn in millimeters.

Just scale it by 1/25.4 and it should be good.

I didn't draw these, they are a selection I downloaded over the years. I'm not sure I ever opened the Cox engine files.

If someone is making a drawing from scratch, I'd recommend adding a ruler or dimensioned line of some convenient length, so that when it's opened there's a scale reference.

Sam Howe
AMA 531442

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2013, 10:04:18 PM »
Hi Charles, I don't know why it happened either. I suspect that it is related to the cross platform usage. I'm sure it has, and will contiue to work for you in  the future. Even with this kind of issue appearing , it doesn't mean there isn't some usability there to be had. We just need to know how to make the changes  needed.

For Steve, to open Charles's file, open it and then use a zoom command. In ACAD, and Draft sight, try this short cut; z, enter, a, enter. It should bring the image to view. You can scale the drawing in several ways. Try the following commands. sc, (it's a short cut for the word scale.) and then enter. pick the image by stretching a box around it. c lick enter, the program should now be asking you to pick a scale factor. Try .028 to make the crank about 3 inches long. hit enter, and you should be there.

I wonder if this wasn't drawn in metric and opened in inches? I ran into this when programming a CNC mill. Sometimes, we'd get a part that was designed in metric, dimensioned in metric, with just a few holes and threads. Logical thing was to machine it metric, by converting cutter sizes to metric...a lot less converting. Later, a problem came from writing over the metric program, because metric was in the very first line of the program. Once I realized that, I just made it a habit to delete metric programs completely, instead of writing over one. I'm wondering if the same thing could happen with CAD drawings? The 1/25.4 conversion is certainly close enough to be suspect.   H^^ Steve

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Outrnner 3-Views: not CAD but could be
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 03:50:57 AM »
John suggested I should post these for anyone looking to practice their skills.  These are NOT component files - yet!

Here are Arrowind Outrunners 3-views in .jpg that could be the source data for creating new component files. 
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

"The good old days weren't always so good, tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems..."
- Billy Joel

Offline Avaiojet

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Outrnner 3-Views: not CAD but could be
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 07:52:44 AM »
If someone is using this brand of motor, I would be glad to tackle/provide a drawing. However.

They are small drawings and the resolution is low. It can be done but will require “a bit more” work to get accuracy, because of this.

The measurements are MM obviously, so more time is needed for conversion labor. Not a big issue but still has to be noted.

Once drawn to whatever scale the JPEG is, the vector drawing can be increased to any size easily.

Vector drawing. I’m used to  using the term, “line art.” "Wire drawing," is also used. A designer at Hasbro Toys, refers to his work as "wire drawings."

A 3-view JPEG drawn to scale, with measurements in English, plus saved at a favorable resolution, per size of the image, would be ideal.
Only a better start.

Now, from my point of view, sure, it's nice to have the drawing looking "exactly" like the motor or engine, or any part. However, to build a model airplane, which is my eventual goal, around a particular motor or engine, one only needs datum points.

In all considerations, mine anyway, great drawings or highly detailed drawings, are useless unless they have accurate datum points used for drilling mounting holes, firewall placement, NVA exit areas, etc., etc.   Having the physical motor to get measurements from helps as displayed in Dennis‘s photo. I did the line art for my MVVS .49 exactly this way.

So, from my point of view “only,” and I'm not talking for anyone else, the importance in my drawings, is the placement of the measurements with accuracy, not the appearance or emphasized detail.

An example would be having just an accurate scale/correct size "line outline" of any given motor or engine, where the mounting hole centerlines, both views, and the thrust line have measurement accuracy.

Charles

Alpha Mike Foxtrot.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »
I did an AXI in CAD a long time ago. I would have to find it. Could probably bust this one out quick for someone except I fly 4 strokes. LL~
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline John Miller

• Admiral
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 10:57:20 AM »
Thank you Dennis. Welcome to the forum.

Dennis has posted files which we will use later to show how to "trace over" and convert raster art to vector art. Raster files are what usually make up the files that make up digital pictures, like jpeg's, tiff's, and gif files. In our CAD type programs, we most often see vector files. There are many file extensions that include vector files, most often used, especially to cross programs, is the .dxf extension. .dxf files will usually insert readily into most program's that use vector files. .dxf fileswill often work when no others will. As stated before, most CAD programs will also accept .dwg files, as the standard from AutoCAD compatibility.

There are conversion programs out there that are supposed to make the conversion automatically, but, they make a rather "dirty" conversion that will require a lot of work trying to clean it up. It is often much easier, and much more accurate, to learn how to make a tracing from the digital picture.

I, Milton, or another who is skilled at making, and using, these tracings, will set up a task specific guide on creating these conversions. Please bare with us as we need a little time to put these tutorials together.

Please, take the time between what we can post, to learn more about the program, by studying the Getting started guide.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 11:14:07 AM »
One basic precept to keep in mind,, Cad drawings are not "drawn in metric" they are drawn in UNITS.they are not metric or standard. Its the conversion which determines what it is.
That said, you can draw assuming that the units are inches, or centimeters,, then its a math conversion to scale it to the appropriate size,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 04:40:06 PM »
Dennis
Just for sake of stacking the "Component Section" with some pertinent stuff. If you post sets of photos of the two most popular electric motors in stunt,(no more,I have a life you know-LOL) I will bust it out for you.

Unlike Bill Lees initial drawing, these will not be done quick and dirty. These will be fully checked and proofed for accuracy because, they will go in the component section.  
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »
Dennis
Just for sake of stacking the "Component Section" with some pertinent stuff. If you post sets of photos of the two most popular electric motors in stunt,(no more,I have a life you know-LOL) I will bust it out for you.

Unlike Bill Lees initial drawing, these will not be done quick and dirty. These will be fully checked and proofed for accuracy because, they will go in the component section.  

WOW what a deal!  Of the bunch choose:
* 2820 NOTE: all the the 28xx motors are the same on the ends, only the "boring" straight section through the middle changes with magnet length.

The files show metric dimensions as do most of the ECL stuff.  Is converstion to english terribly painful?
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

"The good old days weren't always so good, tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems..."
- Billy Joel

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 07:30:31 PM »
WOW what a deal!  Of the bunch choose:
* 2820 NOTE: all the the 28xx motors are the same on the ends, only the "boring" straight section through the middle changes with magnet length.

The files show metric dimensions as do most of the ECL stuff.  Is converstion to english terribly painful?

Mr. Typhoon Man-What files?

If the 2820 is a Axi. Then the 3526 must be a Cermark?
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 08:11:30 PM »
Mr. Typhoon Man-What files?

If the 2820 is a Axi. Then the 3526 must be a Cermark?

I was referring to the jpg files in my first post.  The motors are all Arrowinds (from Brodak).  The 2820 nomenclature refers to the diameter of the core (28mm) and the length of the magnets (20mm)  AXI and Scorpion use similar nomenclature.

BTW, the photo attached here shows all the Arrowind 28xx motors lined up for comparison
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

- Billy Joel

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
    • The finest control Line kits ever made...
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 08:57:41 PM »
okay while they are very detailed, they are as accurate as I could get them. That said...
here are a few of the E-motors that I have drawn for showing on my E-converted kit plans
I hope they are (somewhat) helpful
Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright
visit us on the web at: http://www.builtrightflyright.com

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 10:30:16 PM »
Guys,
We should try to remember to post components in the "Components Section" so John doesn't have to move them.

One AXI 2820 FULLY dimensioned is posted in the "Components Section"

Enjoy!!
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »
AXI 2820 FULLY dimensioned. With all mounting Hardware
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Tania Uzunova

• Commander
  • It's something more about gravity ...
    • www.indoorgeebee.com
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 04:56:12 AM »
That is my first try with Inventor i had some serious problems, especially working with dimension of angle. I want to model also inside part of engine with all details. But i am still learning. I will add evening also the .dwg file. (because now i am at work :P ) I post it because those engines looks similar and probably it will be more easy if someone can share other problems accept mine. : ) and found together best decision ...

And little bit for making.
I upload the jpeg files in .ipt project which is separated on small quadrants. I still prefer to work with reference images, at least not only a technical plan, but also as a final product.
That type of modelling helps me lot to see exactly if my dimension is in a line with the picture reference, because i easy can compare them while i am working. I separate the top and bottom part on two different sketches. After I try to draw them preciously I used revolved option using one of the axes aligned with the orientation which i want to use. After that i use "constraints of angle" to found the exact dimension - again leading from the reference drawing. Next step was to put a axe point with which I was able to define the holes. The command which i use to model them is "extrude" command with option "cut trough all". That function in Inventor allows me exactly to create a hole in some surface, without writing the mm or inch. which i want to go in. I make in the model only one hole and than using the "circle pattern" function I create the rest 3 holes in the front part. Some words about patterns in Inventor - much helpful for me because if i decide to change the dimension of one hole (going back in sketch mode) i do not need to do the same with the rest. Inventor automatically understand and updates the rest of holes with new dimension or position. Next steps was to model in such way the final vision of engine using the tools of "champher" and "filet". For those to options i use the side view reference image.
The rest of the modelling was already to choose a style and material, and caring about how it will look the model as a final product. At least but not last I also use a cross section option, which gives me a new nice view what is the situation inside of that what i am modelling. Using physical tool shows me where are the weak points of modelling and if note that if they are exist such, Inventor not only shows me but telling me which will be the best decision to fix them.
The model is not finished I want to make a details. For example those 3 wires which come out from the top. Actually that is the problem with which now i am fight and look for decision to solve it.
I hope information was helpful : )
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:38:51 AM by Tania Uzunova »

Offline proparc

• Admiral
Re: Hard Point Handle
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 05:58:49 PM »
This was originally posted by Marvin Denny. I converted it to CAD.
Load this baby into Draftsight and customize it to your needs.

Enjoy
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Geoff Goodworth

• Captain
Great Planes spinner
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2013, 10:24:55 PM »
I asked Great Planes for a drawing for this exact purpose. They sent me this as two separate parts so I joined them up.

Oh, Milton, you should have asked. Marvin and I would have been quite happy to post the dwg drawing of the handle. I think we both have the CAD drawing. y1

Offline Jonathan Chivers

• Ensign
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2013, 01:12:07 PM »
Hello all,
attached is an an engine mount designed for engines with an X back plate with 30mm /1 3/16 centers. I have included mm and imperial scales.

I have allowed holes to let cooling air out of the engine compartment into the battery/esc space.

This was inspired by a design by Brodak.

As this is part of my first dabble with CAD (thanks John Miller for giving me a fabulous starting point), be gentle!

Jonathan

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2013, 07:32:58 PM »
Plettenberg Orbit 25. Supposedly the 'hot one" for stunt. If it's something different let me know.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2013, 10:35:52 PM »
Plettenberg Orbit 20 for CL Stunt.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Geoff Goodworth

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2018, 08:34:56 PM »
Can anybody tell me what Bill Lee's head drawing is all about?

Tags: