News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:38:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wing Flaps for Huges H-1 Racer  (Read 661 times)

Offline RK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Wing Flaps for Huges H-1 Racer
« on: May 19, 2019, 01:05:49 PM »
I am having some trouble connecting the wing flaps to the bell crank. I used .090 music wire to connect the flaps thru the body & 4" bell crank. What type of connector should I use, I checked  Brodak & Sic but the only thing I saw was nylon. I was planning on using a brass piece & soldering it to the wire but it doesn't work & I am not sure where to drill the holes for the wire. Thanks for your help!   H^^

RK Flyer
If you come to a fork in the road,,,,Take it!

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Wing Flaps for Huges H-1 Racer
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 01:32:30 PM »
  You can use a simple 90 degree bend and a short length of the wire poking through the bell crank, with a washer soldered in place to support it and bush it on the side and a washer, or something else soldered on the other side  to secure it. I usually use a wheel collar to initially set things up and when I am happy with how everything moves and works, I solder the collar in place. Some use a 4-40 ball link at this pivot point also along with the flap horn and the elevator horn. Just be sure whatever you use, it is straight, square and smooth operating. I like to make the bell crank pivot as bullet proof as possible, as it is very difficult to get in there after the model is completed for any service or adjustment. Lots of ways to build in access to the flap and elevator horns for trim adjustments, but not so for the bell crank with out major surgery.
   Type at you later,
     Dan McEntee
  LET"S GO BLUES!!!
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline RK

• Lieutenant
Re: Wing Flaps for Huges H-1 Racer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 03:42:15 AM »
Thanks for the help Dan!  H^^   I adjusted the control wires and used a larger control horn which helped a lot

RK Flyer
If you come to a fork in the road,,,,Take it!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here