News:

• April 30, 2024, 03:18:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hand made modeling tools!  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Hand made modeling tools!
« on: October 18, 2014, 08:48:03 AM »
I decided not to fly this morning so I could get a bit of building done on my latest design, a 54" semi-scale, flapped, sport stunt design, powered by an OS LA 46.  ;D 

I hate building wings, that tiny square LE the sheeting and all, but I get through it.   n~

Anyway, there's a few ways to round a LE and I'm sure builders have their own selected methods.

I've never used the "polish your shoe" method on a LE, but I'm sure that works also?

I made this tool in a couple of minutes. Yes, I know you have seen these before and have probably made a few. Probably more than a few seeing there are many different airfoil shapes depending on the model. I think I've made at least three of these LE sanders possibly four just for CL.

I thought it would be convenient to have a Thread where modelers can place their "Hand Made" tool ideas for whatever-the-purpose. A place where these tool ideas can be easily found.

So, we'll see what other modelers come up with, and I'll start the Thread off with these easy to make LE sanding tools.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here