Building Tips and technical articles. > Building techniques

Vertigo II Build

(1/14) > >>

Don Jenkins:
I built a plane back in 2017 that flew quite well with a Stalker .61 that I named Vertigo.  Unfortunately I only got 65 flights on it and only flew it in one contest before I put it straight in on asphalt.  Anyway, I decided to build another Vertigo, this time E-powered and I'm using a foam wing that I've had for about 7 years.  I am somewhat reluctant to start a build thread since I sometimes get distracted from the builds for long periods of time, but I'll give it a try.  The pics are of the first Vertigo before its first flight and after its last!  I did collect and assemble all of the pieces so it would resemble a plane for the final pic.

Don

Don Jenkins:
I am reusing a 3D printed motor mount from my first electric build (a full size vector) that no longer exists.  Yes, I crashed that one too, but at least I got over 4 years out of it and flew it in many contests.

Don Jenkins:
Motor crutch complete.

Don Jenkins:
Fuselage construction is a lot easier with this jig that I obtained many years ago from my flying buddy and coach Ed Ruane.  Ed has since retired from the hobby and I no longer have a coach, which probably explains why I crash more often!

Don Jenkins:
The top block is tacked in place for rough shaping before it gets hollowed out and the turtle deck is wrapped around the mold waiting to dry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version