News:

• March 29, 2024, 08:07:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tweaking Flaps  (Read 16310 times)

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Tweaking Flaps
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2022, 08:38:17 AM »
One thing I’m trying to figure out with the WFA, is to also be able to adjust the elevator pushrod. My current plane has the adjustable pushrod and I’m a huge fan of it to get my neutral just right, adjust inside/outside turn, inside/outside corner presentation etc. i realized recently while building an airplane for someone else when I installed the WFA, I can’t adjust the pushrod length because it’s bolted to the other flap horn.

So right now im at a crossroads for my next airplane…either have an adjustable pushrod and don’t include the WFA and use a trim tab again, or the WFA without an adjustable pushrod in the back. Hmmmmm…
Matt:
This is the arrangement I have in my plane. It is not a new idea, it is an offshoot of one I saw a while back and modified it to suit my needs.  A small access hole for the hex driver.  The one on my profile that you have seen is a bit different, but the same idea.  Only problem is that you need a guide, I use a piece of paper cut to fit the wing, to keep from losing your reference point.  I see your point since any serious flap tweaking will also need an elevator change.
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here