News:

• May 08, 2024, 12:10:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Wing Jig part II  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Brodak Wing Jig part II
« on: November 20, 2012, 01:15:37 PM »
I searched the Brodak wing jig and saw the 2009 thread. I am going to use it on a Brodak .15 size P-40 Tiger Shark the old Sterling Matt Kania reproduction. This Brodak kit has the ribs laser cut for the jig rods. I was wondering if the pins suppied were sufficent to hold the jig sides on the dry wall ? and what about holding the rod holders to the jig sides with cloaths pins ??
I was thinking of putting the jig on glass and holding it down with C/A and using C/A to permenantly hold the rod holders to the jig ends. The pieces C/A'd to the glass should come up intact with a sharp razer blade. Any pro's or Con's ?? BTW this Brodak kit is VERY nice I am going to try to get a 3" B/C in there instead of the 2"er. should be a fun one.
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: Brodak Wing Jig part II
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 02:13:54 PM »
Ty, your not suppose to use a hammer and chissel  LL~ LL~ LL~
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Geoff Goodworth

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 04:10:43 PM »
You do nont need CyA to fix jig blocks to glass. White PVA is quite adequate and the blocks can be tken off quite easily. It just takes longer to dry.

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 03:30:44 AM »
I glue jigs to a glass table with a hot melt glue gun.  Of course the glue is appiled to the sides of the jigs so the height is not compromised.  The table and jigs can be cleaned with razor blades and a heat gun.  In addition to other benefits, it save the high cost of CA.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here