News:

• April 19, 2024, 01:42:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: take-a-part hardware  (Read 1310 times)

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
take-a-part hardware
« on: April 10, 2023, 07:47:33 AM »
I am looking to do a take-a-part wing to be able to fit a smaller shipping package. Does anyone sell hardware for take-a-part wing?

Best,    DennisT

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: take-a-part hardware
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 10:51:32 AM »
https://f2dservice.nethouse.ru/products/category/3605264

http://discovery-aeromodels.com/en/demountable-systems.html

Also, on facebook search for Shuhrat Ishbutaev. He has the Axioma planes but also the take-apart hardware. Just send him a message.

There must be others. There is another guy on FB, who makes the Coudron 540? I'm sure he has them too. I would have to do an extended search for him.

Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 11:09:09 AM »
Mike Haverly and Arkady Gorodetsky make it for the Northwest stunt posse.  Dallas Hanna makes Dave Fitzgerald's.  I'll send you their email addresses.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2023, 04:07:31 PM »
What I am looking for is a simple way to join two half's of a wing that is not glued into the fuse, to be able to get it into a smaller transport case. The ship is a Stills Victory that has the wing on the bottom. The original has the controls in the fuse and used rubber bands to hold the wing in place (RC style).

What my idea is to build the two halves and have a main spar (I beam style) that could be joined at the center with some side plates and bolts. I envision a couple of solid ribs on the ends with some additional bolts. I also intend to use some sort of mount plate front and back to secure the wing and still keep a few rubber bands for kicks.

Anyone do this sort of wing assembly?

Best,    DennisT

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2023, 09:04:39 AM »
I'm looking at this set of plans for the Victory -- that's not an I-beam wing in the peculiar sense of the term we use in Stunt.  The flight loads are being carried almost entirely on the leading edge sheeting, with the join in the center reinforced by the center section sheeting.

You might be able to pull it off with a plywood tongue and socket (sailplane style) right in the wing center section at the spar, with both tongue and socket carried out to ribs where the center section sheeting ends.  Carbon fiber might be better for the tongue -- a 3/32" or even 1/16" plate filled full of lightening holes would probably be more than enough -- you can keep the resulting dulled out drill bits as trophies of your effort.

This is going to completely change the stresses on the wing in the center section -- basically, instead of the wing wanting to snap in two right at the edge of the fuselage in maneuvers, it's going to want to fail either at the center, or much more likely by snapping right at the end of the tongue.  So you'll want to figure out how to reinforce the spar at that point without adding too much weight.

On the plus side, the center section sheeting won't really be a structural member any more, so you can safely use 1/16" balsa there.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2023, 10:03:46 AM »
What I am looking for is a simple way to join two half's of a wing that is not glued into the fuse, to be able to get it into a smaller transport case. The ship is a Stills Victory that has the wing on the bottom. The original has the controls in the fuse and used rubber bands to hold the wing in place (RC style).

What my idea is to build the two halves and have a main spar (I beam style) that could be joined at the center with some side plates and bolts. I envision a couple of solid ribs on the ends with some additional bolts. I also intend to use some sort of mount plate front and back to secure the wing and still keep a few rubber bands for kicks.

Anyone do this sort of wing assembly?

Best,    DennisT

I did a Vector 40 ARC this way. I put the break in the wing outboard of the fuse, not at the centre.
All the structure for the take-aparts was just 1/8" plywood, with blind nuts.
Wing mounts to the fuse "Impact" style, tails as well.
MAAC 8177

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2023, 02:46:28 PM »
PMAC,
Did you use a full spar with the plywood on each side through the break area? How many bolts for the spar connection? Did you use ply ribs for the break area? What did you use to align the two halfs - pins or bolts?

Best,   DennisT

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here