News:

• May 23, 2024, 09:04:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Building for 2011  (Read 848 times)

Walter Hicks

• Trade Count: (0)
Building for 2011
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:40:20 PM »
Due to a very time consuming 2nd job I have not built from scratch anything since 2002. The last plane built from scratch was the Gid Adkisson Laser 200, which was too heavy but flew reasonably well in good conditions.
John Miller has redone the plans to put it on a serious diet and it will be built again.

The other plane that I did not build but purchased to test was the Berringer Sportster that Chris Cox built. That was an excellent flying plane. So far no one seems to have the plans for the Berringer Sportster, I have the plans to Steve Moon Hughes H-1 which is very similar.  I really did like the way that plane flew. There have been some really neat variations built by several people, Reg Towell, Bruck Hoffman in 2002? Built Sea Fury, and FW-190 which look like they used some of the Berringer wing, and moments?  

Does anyone have the full size plans for the Berringer Sportster????

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Building for 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:16:19 PM »
HI Walter,

The plans I have (three different models, IIRC) are from the Beringers and none are "full size".  The critical parts (including the engine shaft extensions) are full size but the rest of the plans are not, only dimensions given.  Easy enough to build from, but not a full size view of the model.

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 06:53:26 PM »
HI Walter,

The plans I have (three different models, IIRC) are from the Beringers and none are "full size".  The critical parts (including the engine shaft extensions) are full size but the rest of the plans are not, only dimensions given.  Easy enough to build from, but not a full size view of the model.

Bill

Doesn't Ultra Hobby Products have some type of thing from the Beringer's?
Matt Colan

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 06:59:28 PM »
Doesn't Ultra Hobby Products have some type of thing from the Beringer's?

Hi Matt,

I was on their site briefly today, and saw a reference to Beringer, but I think it was in relation to their Furias.  Not sure what Steve has for the Beringer stuff.

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here