News:

• May 27, 2024, 12:04:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pictures of Firecracker wing construction please!  (Read 1102 times)

Walter Hicks

• Trade Count: (0)
Pictures of Firecracker wing construction please!
« on: January 31, 2011, 07:34:30 PM »
Hi,
   I would greatly appreciate it if one of you  fine gentlemen would post several pictures of the wing construction methods for the "Firecracker". I have laser cut ribs that appear to be Lincoln Log . I need clarification for the bellcrank mounting, spar etc. I do not have plans only hand drawn outline of the wing and ribs!top view . I have the leading and trailing edges done no problem. unsure of the spar joiners in the center of wing and corresponding  bellcrank mount. Sorry I can read for days but learn from pictures. Thanks

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: Pictures of Firecracker wing construction please!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »
Might talk to Alan Resinger. He's built a ton of them and I'm pretty sure he has plans and can give you directions.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 10:25:41 PM »
Better yet you could email brian eather direct..
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline Kevin Wright

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 12:08:25 AM »
I second the previous reply - Contact Brian direct. He has a new Firecracker design. His response to my plans querie is below.

"G'day Kevin
Good to hear that you are going to be active again. Sounds like you are going to build a model for a 60 size engine - can I ask you which one? Those plans Dixon has are very old designs - I would not build one now. I have a more recent design that flies much better. That design you are talking about has a very long fuselsge - I have gone away from that now. I can supply you with a plan of my current model if you wish ($10 + post). The wing construction is a little complicated, but if you are careful and take your time it will work out OK for you. If you are interested give me a call on 02 9602 4934. Photo attached.
Regards BrianEa"

Contact Brian on: brian eather <brianea@optusnet.com.au>

Rgds,
Kevin Wright

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here