News:

• May 14, 2024, 02:45:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sister Jenny  (Read 649 times)

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Sister Jenny
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:18:47 AM »
I dunno -- does the world need another build thread?  A slow, interrupted build thread, because it's really flying (and crashing, and repairing) season?

Aerodynamics and size are Sig Skyray, with a sprinkling of Fright Streak in the trailing edge.  Aesthetics are biblical.  The fuse shouldn't be as heavy as it looks, because I'm planning on making it hollow.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Sister Jenny
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 11:28:39 AM »
And a whole lot of Bob Hunt's Genisis
AMA 7544

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Sister Jenny
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 11:54:25 AM »
And a whole lot of Bob Hunt's Genisis

That's the biblical part.   And it certainly explains why the August 1977 Flying Models is sitting next to my computer upstairs.

I haven't penciled landing gear in on the plans yet, partially because I'm trying to decide if I want to pay the penalty for trike gear, which I think will make it look better on the ground (and maybe land better on the short, rough grass I have in my regular field), or if I want to go with conventional gear which will be easier to install and lighter.

Wheel pants, I think, are out until I get a lot better at flying.

Ahh, decisions, decisions.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here