News:

• June 17, 2024, 06:25:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dave Brown engine mount  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Paul Allen

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Dave Brown engine mount
« on: October 24, 2009, 01:53:20 AM »
Guy's
       Looking at way's to mount a Dave Brown type engine mount to a profile model.
I think the Mustunt 1 had a upright motor on a profile? How is the nose constructed?
Looking to mount an electric motor first, but want an easy to convert system to IC engine
if needed.
Thanks
Paul Allen
Australia
 n~

Offline Peter Hess

• Lieutenant
Re: Dave Brown engine mount
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 07:22:45 AM »
I am interested in hearing about this as well.  Could anyone post the nose construction details of Ted Fancher's Imitation?  Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.
Peter Hess
Canton, CT
AMA 485070

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 03:05:06 AM »
Check the All Amped up Forum (Electric) under Immitation Coversion. The beginning of the thread shows some pics that might help you out.
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Peter Hess

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 06:29:28 AM »
Thank you, Lee!
Peter Hess
Canton, CT
AMA 485070

Offline Warren Wagner

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
  • Bradenton, FL
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 09:20:58 AM »
Paul,

The "Mustunt" nose was built for a beam mount Fox 35, so you would have to modify it slightly for your electric mount.

Peter,

Here is the construction of the "Imitation" nose.   There is nothing difficult about it.....just additional doublers to create the desired thickness,  and a firewall with blind nuts already mounted....pretty straight forward.

Incidentally, it's considered a "digital age courtesy" to say "Thanks In Advance" to someone with a "TIA" at the end of one's post, to avoid having readers open the thread and scroll to the end to just read the appreciative "thank you".  

Cheers.

Warren Wagner
Warren Wagner
AMA 1385

Offline Warren Wagner

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
  • Bradenton, FL
Imitation nose
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 09:36:32 AM »
Peter,

It just so happens that I'm building an "Imitation" and here is what the nose construction looked like before sanding took place.  That should clarify the structure pretty well.  You can't imagine the amount of dust that was generated to change the structure in the photo to a nice, oval shape to match the firewall. 

One point you don't want to overlooked, is the 1/4" wooden dowels that help strengthen the firewall glue joint, however, with your electric application, it probably is not necessary, but wouldn't hurt anything.

Cheers.

Warren Wagner
Warren Wagner
AMA 1385

Offline Peter Hess

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 01:41:35 PM »
Warren:

Thank you very much for posting the nose details of the Imitation and the Mustunt.  Particularly the Imitation plan shows just just what I was looking for.

What really prompted my interest - - besides interest in the Imitation - - was the article about Allen Brickhaus' Encore 40.  I would like to build the profile version but find the fuselage outline of the full bodied version more appealing.  Using an Imitation-style nose would permit using the full bodied fuselage outline and thrust line on a profile.

Thanks, again, for your help and good luck with your Imitation.  I and, no doubt others, would enjoy seeing some pictures as it progresses.

Peter Hess
Canton, CT
AMA 485070

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here