News:

• May 18, 2024, 05:31:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig Super Chipmunk  (Read 20655 times)

Offline Damian_Sheehy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Re: Sig Super Chipmunk
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2011, 06:30:17 PM »
Pete,

Thanks for the update on your life in C/L and welcome to Stunt Hangar! I'm astounded I was able to upload a favorite picture from a book published in the UK in the early 70's and not only find someone can identify the pilot, but receive correspondence from the pilot. It makes me realize how much I took the internet for granted.

Doc: You're an absolute Ace!
Ty, Neville: Thanks for the link to the plans.

Now I know what my next build project is going to be. Does anyone happen to have a JVL Chipmunk kit (built-up wing) you don't plan to build and are willing to sell?

H^^

Damian

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2011, 07:50:22 PM »

Now I know what my next build project is going to be. Does anyone happen to have a JVL Chipmunk kit (built-up wing) you don't plan to build and are willing to sell?

H^^

Damian

You might be in luck. Contact Walter Umland for info.

His website:   http://builtrightflyright.com/

-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Damian_Sheehy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2011, 07:56:48 PM »

You might be in luck. Contact Walter Umland for info.
His website:   http://builtrightflyright.com/

Thanks, Clint. I checked in with him earlier this week - I'm still looking.

Offline Pete Tindal

• New Pilot
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2011, 01:15:58 AM »
Pete, if I am not mistaken, you are an accomplished RC flyer who specializes in 3D aerobatics?

I wish I was an accomplished 3Der !!!!!!!!!!!!!! however I do, and have for a number of years, flown RC aeros.........my model business produced a small range of 3D machines as well as pattern type which were demo'd at trade shops by a superb team of expert youngsters (compered with me , that is )The Edge is about 3 years old and flown occasionally.......the other is a Smooth Operator which was our biggest selling model........this one powered by a Saito 125............absolutely awesome.cheers Pete

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2011, 04:10:50 PM »
Is wraping in copper wire and soldering to make my eyelets on my leadout's still a ok way of doing it?

There is absolutely no good reason to avoid soldering here, you just need to know what you are doing.

Many top fliers in Australia silver solder and copper wrap their lead outs with no corrosion, stress riser or strength problems what so ever.

The advantage with 'not' using ready made brass eyelets is that wrapping produces a perfectly circular final wire diameter that can swivel in the line clips without catching anywhere, and that's something a brass eyelet can not lay claim to.

I have heard of fliers checking the orientation of their lines just before take off and then getting airborne only to find that an eyelet that is sitting vertically (or at some angle other than its supposed to be at) in the line clip and suddenly straighten up out under load - and guess what that does for the heart rate!

Cheers.

MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2011, 10:20:23 AM »
(snip)
I have heard of fliers checking the orientation of their lines just before take off and then getting airborne only to find that an eyelet that is sitting vertically (or at some angle other than its supposed to be at) in the line clip and suddenly straighten up out under load - and guess what that does for the heart rate!

Cheers.

HI Chris,

I don't know about "heart rate", but I know you can lose the outboard wing at the bottom of an inside loop when it does occur.........  And that was during an official flight..... :o  :o

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here