News:

• March 29, 2024, 09:59:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: shipping planes to vsc  (Read 733 times)

Offline Matt Curtis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
shipping planes to vsc
« on: December 11, 2018, 06:54:58 PM »
Has anyone done this and can you buy fuel at vsc? Did you build boxes or would it work to ship in cardboard boxes and wrap the planes in bubble wrap? Any ideas would be appreciated? What shipping company did you use? I am considering doing this as it would cost me about 800.00 to rent a van and drive down there. Maybe it would be cheaper to fly and do this?

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
Re: shipping planes to vsc
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 09:15:51 PM »
I shipped my 1/2 A scale pond racer to Tucson by Grayhound for $55 from Florida, had one of the locals pick it up for me
rad racer

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 09:29:41 PM »
    As Mr. Whitney has already said, this has been done several ways. And fuel is usually available, (Excalibur Fuel?? I've used it, good stuff!)  Another option is to have another person pick it up on his way. I think this question would be better served in the main forum and those that have done it can offer advice. I thinkmore people will see it there.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 09:20:39 AM »
If I were doing something like this I would ship the package UPS-to-UPS.  Pick up the box yourself at the destination UPS shop. 

I deal with UPS a lot.  People often ship golf clubs this way to avoid excessive airline rates.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here