News:

• April 23, 2024, 09:07:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Retracts  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Zene Gillette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Retracts
« on: January 16, 2018, 03:55:24 AM »
Hi ... Can I get parts and circuit for operating servo retracts on CL airplane. It will be a pushbutton activated by bellcrank. Push-on only and relay should work. Not RC controlled.  Hope enough info. Thanks, Zene

Offline David_Stack

• 2016 supporter
  • Lieutenant
Re: Retracts
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 07:52:50 AM »
Good Morning Zene;

Bob Hunt fitted out his "Second Wind" e-powered twin with retracts.  That build diary is in the "Gettin all AMP'ed up!" section.  You can read about some of the hardware used in this specific post: https://stunthanger.com/smf/gettin-all-amp'ed-up!/new-electric-twin-project-back-on-track/msg204800/#msg204800

r/
Dave

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:47:48 AM »
Zene,

I have NIB retracts that are for servo activation. If your interested PM or email me. I should have the 180 degree servo, also NIB which is used for this purpose.

Simple setup.

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 02:10:12 PM »
I have a new set of self-contained electric retracts  that I will list in CLASSIFIEDS in a day or so. (no servos or pushrod linkage needed).  If you need some, give it a look.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Zene Gillette

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 12:06:32 AM »
Sorry guys for late reply. I'm not looking for retracts, just the circuitry to operate servos or servoless retracks using just one push-on switch as I mentioned. Zene

Offline Jim Mynes

• Commander
  • Chelsea, ME
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 07:16:54 AM »
If the actuator button is activated by the bellcrank, I assume it would get pressed at either full up or full down.
If you fly like I do, full up and full down are accessed at least a few times every flight.
Logically it would follow that the retracts would be going up and down several times during the flight.
I have seen the light, and it’s powered by a lipo.

Offline Zene Gillette

• New Pilot
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 08:31:31 PM »
Jim ... Thx, I didn't think (as usual) about two switches. I will be using a Brodak FM-eTC (one switch at each end) slider throttle and should be able to put in a few seconds delay on the off throttle button. As it will be a park flyer I should get by without 100% throttle except for takeoff to retract. Will have to re-think; might be backwards. Zene

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here