Building Tips and technical articles. > Building techniques

pathfinder LE building

(1/13) > >>

fred cesquim:
i was gifted this great RSM kit from a friend, and started yesterday, so far so good
will be e-powered
one balsa rib sheet was missing and a surplus ply reinforcement rib sheet came as a surplus, i bet someone´s have the inverted situation
fortunately i had one of each missing ribs to make a copy

Motorman:
Nice gift!

Jim Hoffman:
I had missing parts (entire wood set for Stab and elevator) in a Brodak kit about two years ago.  I called the factory and they made it right by sending me the pasts needed

fred cesquim:

--- Quote from: Jim Hoffman on March 23, 2022, 02:20:00 PM ---I had missing parts (entire wood set for Stab and elevator) in a Brodak kit about two years ago.  I called the factory and they made it right by sending me the pasts needed

--- End quote ---
i am pretty sure RSM would do the same, but as i live in Brazil i opted to cut the missing ribs myself and save them the trouble
had to stop the building for a while, doing a cockpit for a 1/4 scale focke wulf that took most of my workshop space

fred cesquim:
finally made some progress
tail needs airfoil shape sanding
have changed nose design for e-power. cowl is not needed anymore, and i´ll insert engine form the nose, and battery via a side window. I ended up with a "curare" (70´s famous F3A plane) nose profile.
also shortened the fuse widht about 1/2 all the way as no pipe will be used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version