News:

• June 16, 2024, 02:45:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Panel lines?  (Read 789 times)

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Panel lines?
« on: May 05, 2008, 06:38:58 PM »
Alright, lets hear from the panel line pros out there. What's the best way to get thin, sharp lines? They will be on a doped finish with clear dope over them.

(to Randy Powell, at VSC you mentioned some article to read on them but I forgot what it was.)
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: Panel lines?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 08:46:02 PM »
I use Staedtler pigment liner Sketch Pens.  They come 4 to a pack.  .1mm  .3mm  .5mm  .7mm  I have 1 set now for three years.  They "erase" with alcohol and I dust the new lines with clear dope with my airbrush to seal the lines.  They only cost me $10.

http://www.dickblick.com/zz207/57/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 g3597.jpg (9.35 KB - downloaded 125 times.)

Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Mike Griffin

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 01:38:08 PM »
Clint I use the very thin (1/16") striping tape and clear coat over them.

Mike

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 04:03:22 PM »
Clint,

I'll email it to you. Surprise, I found it.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 08:15:48 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys.

Randy, I got the Email. Thanks a bunch!
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 11:01:09 AM »
I use Staedtler pigment liner Sketch Pens.  They come 4 to a pack.  .1mm  .3mm  .5mm  .7mm  I have 1 set now for three years.  They "erase" with alcohol and I dust the new lines with clear dope with my airbrush to seal the lines.  They only cost me $10.

http://www.dickblick.com/zz207/57/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 g3597.jpg (9.35 KB - downloaded 125 times.)

Also...remember whether or not you use those new pens....THINK CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN...as the surface must be free of all finger prints. Although I don't advocate some harse cleaners such as Prep-sol and Naptha.  I have had good results using my rapid-o-graph pens with the "etch" formula that seems to work ever so beautifully and can be cleaned with a watered down soft paper towel wetted with "Earth friendly-No Chlorine, Perfume or Dye...Hasn't scratched yet..over 120 years BON AMI POLISHING CLEANSER. seems to work amazingly well for me over the years.
Plus it rinses clean, clean, clean with no residue. Remember that sooooo many cleaners "scratch dirt and fingerprints away...Bon Ami's soft abrasives are unique.
Try it.....we used this in the wind tunnel for many projects that we could not use Naptha or Prep-sol based cleaners???
Don Shultz

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 11:12:56 AM »
Also...remember whether or not you use those new pens....THINK CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN...as the surface must be free of all finger prints. Although I don't advocate some harse cleaners such as Prep-sol and Naptha.  I have had good results using my rapid-o-graph pens with the "etch" formula that seems to work ever so beautifully and can be cleaned with a watered down soft paper towel wetted with "Earth friendly-No Chlorine, Perfume or Dye...Hasn't scratched yet..over 120 years BON AMI POLISHING CLEANSER. seems to work amazingly well for me over the years.
Plus it rinses clean, clean, clean with no residue. Remember that sooooo many cleaners "scratch dirt and fingerprints away...Bon Ami's soft abrasives are unique.
Try it.....we used this in the wind tunnel for many projects that we could not use Naptha or Prep-sol based cleaners???

Yep I like BON AMI  pie!
AMA 12366

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here