Building Tips and technical articles. > Building techniques

Not your father's Cardinal.

(1/2) > >>

Perry Rose:
www.perrystoys.blogspot.com
 The story of what I did to the kit.

Perry Rose:
After several full pattern flights the changes I made make a difference. Reversing the wing tips gained 6 or 7 inches in wing area and the canopy improves the planes look. The larger tail is the way to go with most models. This one is 28% of the wing area. I hope to fly it at the Zachary contest.

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Perry Rose on September 10, 2020, 10:50:36 AM ---After several full pattern flights the changes I made make a difference. Reversing the wing tips gained 6 or 7 inches in wing area and the canopy improves the planes look. The larger tail is the way to go with most models. This one is 28% of the wing area. I hope to fly it at the Zachary contest.

--- End quote ---
Nice Mods - I did the same on my twin tailed Sandpiper based on a Cardinal wing.  Swept tips just seem to fly better for whatever reason but I am betting it was the 28% stab you are feeling.

Nice Ship - Ken

Perry Rose:
I'm packed up and ready to head to the Baton Rouge Bi-Liners contest in Zachary, La. I'll be using the Cardinal for profile and maybe for P.A. tomorrow. Or the electric Nomad I have been using. Film at 11.

Perry Rose:
There was some problem winds because of the frontal passage and I managed a second place finish 1/2 point behind first.  I figured that was good enough to be used on Sunday and went with a 5 cell battery for more power. I found out the hard way that you can't use a 5 cell battery on a 4 cell E.S.C.. Which probably saved me from a last place finish. I got the electronics back in working order and ordered a couple H.D. E.S.C.'s. I did turn up the power a bit to get more drive through the tougher maneuvers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version