Building Tips and technical articles. > Building techniques

New Plane Plan (PHOTO)

(1/2) > >>

RC Storick:
After flying the contest today I got home and took a nap. After waking up I got enthused again and I decided to start a new airframe. For ease of building it will be a beamer. I have nothing started or drawn. I am going to show how a plane can come from concept to reality in less than a month. This airplane will be of the Viper vintage (look) but new aerodynamics. Right out of my head just like I use to.

The shop is clean and I am waiting on wood for skins for the P-47 so progress has ceased on that plane. Why sit idly by. I will post some photo's later tonight. Start of the newly designed Viper on 9-24-06 projected completion date 10-31-06.

It should prove to be interesting.

First shot is what I am going to build from. PLANS

The 1 9/16 and 1 1/8 measurements are the spar ,the 7/8 measurement is the rear spar.

2 7/16 root thickness and 2 inch tip thickness. Root cord 10 3/8 tip 7 3/4 Beam wing

10 inch nose and 17 inch tail moment.

Crist Rigotti:
What size engine Bob?

RC Storick:
PA .40 long stroke

Randy Powell:
I decided to build a plane for P-40 and am doing much the same thing. It will definately  be a one off. I have the wing rib template from another plane and have started cutting  balsa, but it will probably take more than a month. I need to order some supplies.

wwwarbird:
Is it gonna have a pilot??? <=

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version