News:

• April 16, 2024, 03:18:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig Banshee T.E. question  (Read 982 times)

Offline Electric George

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Sig Banshee T.E. question
« on: January 07, 2021, 01:21:44 PM »
Hi All,
Please forgive the dumb question. I am about to start building a Sig Banshee and thought I would inspect/weigh the wood first. I was surprised to find a big difference in the weights of some of the wood; one L.E. is 9 grams heavier than the other (thought I would put that, and other heavier pieces, on the outside wing).
The T.E. has four pieces of sheet; one top and bottom of each wing panel. These are four pieces of 1" x 1/16" that weigh:
5.47 grams, 4.3g, 2.8g. and 2g. The lighter pieces flex very easily but I guess the T.E. spar stiffens things up.
Do I:
1.Use them and put heavier ones in outside wing panel?
2. Try to balance the weights to near as possible and heavier set go to outside wing?
3. Replace the two lighter ones? Or two heavier ones so they are about the same?   
Thanks.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Sig Banshee T.E. question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 01:26:18 PM »
If you are nit picky, put all the heavy stuff to the out board. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Electric George

• Lieutenant
Re: Sig Banshee T.E. question
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 02:26:55 AM »
If you are nit picky, put all the heavy stuff to the out board. D>K

Thanks, John. I will do that. I have been building Free Flight models and become used to watching the weight but did wonder if I was being 'nit picky' with the Banshee. I am looking forward to getting on with the build; my first control line build in 47 years! I have done a search and read the threads on here and learned a lot in the process. I am planning to go Electric and build it as stock (I will be using it as a basic stunt trainer) with perhaps tip weight box and adjustable leadouts. The Nose may be shortened once I have got all the electronics on the front end to see how it looks like it will balance.
Thanks again.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here