News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:43:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Modified Brodak Legacy build.  (Read 893 times)

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Modified Brodak Legacy build.
« on: January 30, 2020, 08:25:57 AM »
https://perrystoys.blogspot.com/  In the photo of the unused parts all the excess balsa has been removed. No so with most of the ply wood parts. I also have a short piece of 1/8 brass tubing holding the bell crank in place. I will replace it with the much longer 1/8 music wire post when I glue the wing place. I want the post sticking out of the wing so I can put braces top and bottom on the wing sheeting and against the fuselage side. I just remembered why I didn't shouldn't have glued the bottom sheeting on. 3/32 instead of 1/8. I'll call it an access hatch.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Modified Brodak Legacy build.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 07:13:48 AM »
Not much to report. I finally bit the bullet and used poly span on the wings and flaps. Original silk span on the stab and elev. and hatch cover. And fiberglass on the fuselage. I had some figuring to do with the fiberglass as the wing was installed and I wanted to use only one piece for the whole fuselage. I managed to do it with the help of a template to cut the openings for the wing. One coat of clear on the whole thing so far. I need to buy more.
 I weighed the profile Nomad electric with battery and it's 67 ounces. I used the Legacy wing and stab on that one so if the new Legacy comes out under that I'll be happy.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here