News:

• May 22, 2024, 09:45:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Estes Ringmaster Jr.  (Read 1469 times)

Mike Griffin

• Trade Count: (0)
Estes Ringmaster Jr.
« on: January 08, 2010, 03:53:00 PM »
If any one were to by any chance have an Estes Ringmaster Jr. kit that you could make me some templates off of. I would be eternally grateful.  Bill Gruby made me templates of the Sterling version some time ago but I am looking for the later Estes version that used a shark's mouth rib and a top and bottom wing spar.

Thank you very much

Mike

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
Re: Estes Ringmaster Jr.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 05:30:56 PM »
I had no idea that the Estes was different.
May I stand in this line behind you?

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Alan Hahn

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 08:08:06 PM »
Hmmm, I am getting a bit confused (must be a double post over on SSW!).

Anyway, I made a Sterling Ring Jr. some years ago. That wing is a C tube wing (like the S1A). I guess (according to Mike's description), the Estes version  of the Jr. is more like the "Sr." Old Time RIngmaster S1 with  a 1/4" or so square leading edge (sanded of course to an airfoil shape).

Mike Griffin

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:07:05 PM »
Yes Alan I did post on SSW too.  The Estes version which I think was the S5 if I remember correctly, had a fish mouth rib that fit over a 1/2 x 1/2 leading edge and the trailing edge of the rib had a step down and you sandwiched the trailing edge point of the rib between the two pieces of 3/32.  The Sterling S1 version of the Ringmaster JR. had the blunt nose on the rib that fit into a notch on the formed leading edge and the trailing edge was solid and notched to receive the trailing end of the rib.  Instead of having two spars like the Estes, the Sterling had the 1 spar that ran through the inside of the wing.  The tail was shaped differently on the Sterling version also.

Mike

Offline Terry Bolin

• Captain
  • Havin' the time of our lives!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 05:56:07 AM »
I have a ringmaster Jr kit but not sure if it is the Estes version. I think it is though. IF so, what are you wanting besides the ribs?

Offline Terry Bolin

• Captain
  • Havin' the time of our lives!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 03:27:13 PM »
Mike, I'm not sure if mine is the Estes ringmaster. It has a very colorful decal on the box and only says Sterling but let me know.
Terry

Offline philip metzner

• chevyiron420
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »
I have been working with a plan that sounds like what you need. It is called the 19 stuntin ringmaster jr. It has a 341\2 inch wing, fish-mouth ribs, and two 1\4 inch spars. It is the estes plan.

Offline Mark Misegadis

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 12:43:21 PM »
Yeap,

The Estes version is longer (fuse) and has a larger WS. I have a built up one that I purchased last weekend with a Cox TD .09 on it.

Mark

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 09:54:04 PM »
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that the kits got scrambled around when Estes first took over.  Some of the old formed LE kits got put into ESES boxes as the existing stock was being liquidated.

The Sterling kit was made with the formed LE, and the later revision by Estes used the 1/2 sq. *fishmouth* ribs.

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 11:38:31 AM »
Mike,
 I do have the kit you speak of. I have framed the wing, but I still have the cut out sheets. If no one else has something, I'll trace what I have for you. That's if you think that will satisfy your needs.

Tom
AMA 13001

Mike Griffin

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 11:10:49 AM »
Thanks Tom and thank you all but I have what I need now and I appreciate all the help and input on the thread.

Mike

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here