News:

• June 16, 2024, 04:50:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GIANT STUNT MASTER  (Read 717 times)

Offline raby fink

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
GIANT STUNT MASTER
« on: August 04, 2009, 07:25:22 PM »
I am building a Giant Stunt Master now and have a question about mounting the engine. If I center the engine dead center between the two hardwood engine mounts, it will put the thrust line (center) of the engine 6mm below the thrust line of the wing. I am wondering if this is all right. I could add shims but if I do that the thrust line of the engine will still be about 3 mm below the wing thrust line. Please let me know
Also I would like to get some comments on this particular plane as to how it performs if you have ever had one.
Thanks
Raby

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: GIANT STUNT MASTER
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 08:58:15 AM »
I  built one and it flys great.  For a non-flapped, "sport size" model it's as good as it gets.

There is no need for the CL of the engine to coincide with the CL of the wing, they just need to parallel each other. 

I built mine by copying an old Scientific model. 
Paul Smith

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: GIANT STUNT MASTER
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 10:28:38 AM »
I agree with Paul on this one.  The Giant Stuntmaster I built from old Scientific plans (drawn from a kit) is maybe the best flying profile of its size I have ever had.  I use a McCoy RH 35 or a Veco 35 Stunt (easy change!) on it.  I have tested a few Veco 35s with this plane to make sure they are in good shape.  It flies the pattern extremely well.

Mongo
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here