News:

• April 28, 2024, 12:55:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Clayton's Teosawki  (Read 1968 times)

Offline John Craig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Clayton's Teosawki
« on: October 02, 2014, 04:15:02 AM »
Could someone supply me with the length of the leading edge foam cores  at the spar?

Length of the inboard foam core a the spar 'tip rib to the fuselage inboard side'?

Length of the outboard foam core at the spar 'outboard side of the fuselage to the tip rib'?

Clayton trimmed the stock cores.  Which one or both & by how much is the question? ???

Thank You  :D
JEC

Offline David_Stack

• 2016 supporter
  • Lieutenant
Re: Clayton's Teosawki
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 11:02:07 AM »
Good Afternoon John;

Take a look here:  http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php/topic,33678.0.html

May want to get with Mike, since it appears no one responded on that thread to either confirm or deny his numbers...

r/
Dave

Offline John Craig

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 05:05:47 PM »
David ,

Thank You!   :D :D :D

That post does seem to answer my quandary.  I understood the asymmetry, but could not quite understand how it was done.

I had read the post before but not close enough, nor pondered over it.  I now see that it does have the exact answer to my question. y1

I am sure Mike's numbers are right now that I have looked at it closely. As when the leading edge numbers are added + the fuselage they equal something close to 48", the length of a spruce spar.  I kept coming up 48"+

Thank you again. #^ #^ #^

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 05:55:04 PM »
The asymmetry shown at the top of the drawing is measured from the thrustline.
The actual foam pieces are biased the other way.  The inboard foam is 23.125 in. between the tip rib and the fuselage.  The outboard foam is 23.5in. between.  When you allow for the tips this longer outboard wing puts the aerodynamic center of the wing just outboard of the thrustline to make up for the profile fuselage.  Keeps the engine thrust from turning the plane towards the center of the circle.
phil Cartier

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here