Building Tips and technical articles. > Building techniques

Endgame III Build

<< < (2/19) > >>

Wolfgang Nieuwkamp:
Due to Corona our fields are closed until June 15.
New active timer will be tested, and also a 4 blade prop (two drone props bolted together).
Sometime next week I will feed your geometry in the analysis program, and let you know where the CG range should be.
Regards,
Wolfgang

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: Wolfgang Nieuwkamp on June 06, 2020, 09:19:20 AM ---Due to Corona our fields are closed until June 15.
New active timer will be tested, and also a 4 blade prop (two drone props bolted together).
Sometime next week I will feed your geometry in the analysis program, and let you know where the CG range should be.
Regards,
Wolfgang

--- End quote ---
That will be great. #^  The size and placement of the Canard are completely changeable.  I liked it forward.  Maybe as such it could be smaller.  The nose is designed so that I can "chop" out 3" and put the plane back to it's original dimensions.  That is why I don't want to change the LE sweep or the stab if possible.

Ken

Wolfgang Nieuwkamp:
Ken,
Your layout is perfect. Due to the large stab and the short coupling of the canard, the CG fits your leadout position.
Regards,
Wolfgang

Ken Culbertson:
Thanks a bunch.  I will proceed with the plans.  I will probably need some guidance to pick my initial control ratios.  I am guessing about equal on the elevator and canard and a bit less on the flaps.

Ken

Wolfgang Nieuwkamp:
My Triala has canard ±45°, elevator ±30° and flaps only ±20°.
You will have to lower the canard, to make space for the drive shaft. The motor has to be as far back as possible to obtain the desired CG location.
Regards,
Wolfgang

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version