Building Tips and technical articles. > Building techniques

C/L length@Diameter

(1/2) > >>

Ronald Hopping:
Hi all dont know if this is the right place to ask this question so here goes!I have a Sig akromaster O'S 20fp and a sig banshee O'S .40la what lenth wire and diameter do you all recommend and is there a guide as to determine lenth and diameter as to differant plane and engine combos?been away a while and just coming back in to c/l never flew anything bigger than a .15 c/l.Thanks ???

Ronald Hopping:
Thanks for the reply rudderless Ron

Bill Little:
Hi Ron,

On that Akromaster with the FP 20, be ready to go with longer lines unless you just like going really, really, fast! 

A 9-4 on a plane MUCH bigger and heavier than the AM w/FP 20 flys quite nicely on .015 X 60' eye to eye.  THE FP 20 is a BEAR in sheep's clothing!

Bill <><

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: Rudderless on July 28, 2006, 12:31:53 AM ---On the Sig Akromaster with the .20, I would go with 52' eye to eye and .012" lines. 
--- End quote ---

No offense, but,  Yikes!   If you like 3 second laps, maybe. The 20FP on the Acromaster (about the size of many 1/2A stunt planes) will be an absolute *bomb*, CRAZY FAST. Not to mention grotesquely nose-heavy without a ton of ballast.  You can fly a Nobler with decent results with a 20FP - a  full-sized Nobler. 

Super-short lines are not the way to go. I run .015x60-62's on my Skyray 35/20FP. You may get away with the  .012s if they are kept in good shape but I would not feel comfortable with that. I would suggest .015x60 to begin with, and makre sure to put in enough line sweep and tipweight.

In any case, I don't think the Acromaster and the 20FP will end up being a happy combination. Might want to reconsider that, and use an older, baffle-piston 15 (as it was designed for), a 15 LA, a 10FP, or something like that.

Brett

Ronald Hopping:
I have a older super tigre.15 i may try on the akromaster?anyone have any input on the ST.15???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version