Building Tips and technical articles. > Building techniques

BRODAK SILKSPAN

<< < (2/2)

Dave Rigotti:
The answer is simple:
https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/my-source-for-tea-bag-silkspan/msg664743/#msg664743

Dave_Trible:

--- Quote from: Dave Rigotti on January 12, 2024, 06:28:30 AM ---The answer is simple:
https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/my-source-for-tea-bag-silkspan/msg664743/#msg664743

--- End quote ---
+1!

Dave

Miotch:
For anyone interested in the paper piecing Dave's other post referred to, and couldn't find the currency conversion, I simply added something to the cart and the site magically converted it to U.S. currency, both in the cart and on the product page I selected from.  It was $22.68 for 10 meters.  I didn't complete the purchase, so I don't know what shipping would be.  I was just exploring for now to find out how much it cost.

kevin king:

--- Quote from: doug coursey on January 11, 2024, 07:06:33 AM ---HAS ANYBODY HAD ANY LUCK WITH THE BRODAK MEDIUM SILKSPAN..I TRIED SOME AND IT DOESNT STICK TO THE WOOD VERY GOOD EVEN PUTTING AT LEAST 3 COATS OF BUTYRATE DOPE ON THE BARE WOOD.I PUT IT ON WET AND  THE DOPE DOESNT PENETRATE THE SILKSPAN VERY GOOD.IT SEEMS TO SWELL THE SILSPAN AND IT GETS HARD AS A ROCK WITH ONE COAT OF BUTYRATE DOPE...YOU SURE COULDNT USE IT ON OPEN BAYS

--- End quote ---
How much did you reduce the dope, and what brand of thinner did you use?

doug coursey:

--- Quote from: kevin king on March 20, 2024, 11:13:17 PM --- How much did you reduce the dope, and what brand of thinner did you use?

--- End quote ---
I PUT 3 COATS OF 70% THINNED BUTYRATE DOPE ON THE WOOD..I THEN USED THE SAME DOPE TO ATTACH THE SILK SPAN WET...IT DIDNT WANT TO PENETRATE THE SILKSPAN VERY GOOD  AFTER IT DRIED I COATED IT WITH 60% THINNED BUTYRATE DOPE ALL BRODAK BRAND IT WAS HARD AS A ROCK AND VERY HARD TO SAND...IT SEEMED IT WAS MORE A POLYESTER COVERING THAN SILKSPAN..NOTHING LIKE THE SIG STUFF I HAD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version