News:

• March 29, 2024, 08:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Are Construction videos still available of Windy building the MIss Ashley?  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
I would like to obtain copies/copy for building techniques shown in the videos.
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Offline Steve Berry

• 24 supporter
  • Captain

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Gordon , Good luck !! You might put a want add in the classifieds but they are not still available to my knowledge. If you go on You-Tube C/L Guy has lots of Windy Videos you can watch as do a few others. You might be able to pick up something useful.
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
I guess with the electricity , youve figured how the tou toob works, but justin case ;

Windy U 1993
VIEW FULL PLAYLIST

NOW PLAYING
Windy U 900 Series - Tribute continues
VIEW FULL PLAYLIST

Things like this come up . The ' Full Play List ' is for THAT series . Say the ' 300's '  if you click on " View Full Playlist , youll see all that series .

Patylo is the other U Tube Windy Man . https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCIBHMob5suGwgE86rw7UMw

Theres Miss actually scattered through maybe the 600s . Flying & suchlike. and on thwe bench having a fiddle .

Theres a STREGA Tape , After all , theyre pretty much the same . Structureally anyway . Unless you got the C/F fuse & wing of ebay .

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
STUFF FILLETS!
Miss Ashley .

Amazing what comes up when you put Windy U Master . Miss Ashley , in search . On u Tube .  :-\

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Gordon , Good luck !! You might put a want add in the classifieds but they are not still available to my knowledge. If you go on You-Tube C/L Guy has lots of Windy Videos you can watch as do a few others. You might be able to pick up something useful.

That's certainly true!  Some of it has been overshadowed by other events, but Windy really did pioneer the "there is no mystery" approach to sharing information, and also adopted the only available technology to do it. He nominally sold the tapes, but, probably gave away as many as he sold.

He, in his inimitable style, showed you *every second* of his process, and the big value of that was that he showed everyone else that they, too, could do it, too. No secrets tricks, no mystery materials.

The biggest hump learning any skill to get over is the idea that something is so hard you shouldn't even try. Windy completely shattered that, he showed you that it was just a matter of hard work and attention to detail. Most people were never going to get as good a finish as he did, but, it told you that it was worth a try. That's absolutely invaluable and you have to give him full credit for being a pioneer.

Brett

Offline Steve Berry

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Brett, that certainly is the truth. I've been watching his entire series on the Tribute plane. Absolutely a treasure trove of information and it leaves you with the mindset that yeah, I can build that. I'm still curious as to why he walked away from model airplanes and is now back into motorcycles. I dont want to reopen old wounds, so if someone can say in 1 ir 2 sentences, that's be fine.

Steve

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
I think Motorcycles were his first passion, but you can only do so much Interpelatin & Frajuiceskyizen.. LL~ LL~
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Brett, that certainly is the truth. I've been watching his entire series on the Tribute plane. Absolutely a treasure trove of information and it leaves you with the mindset that yeah, I can build that. I'm still curious as to why he walked away from model airplanes and is now back into motorcycles. I dont want to reopen old wounds, so if someone can say in 1 ir 2 sentences, that's be fine.

This is just me, but I assume "frustration" - he was (is as far as I am concerned) an absolute master modeler, among the best, and has an amazing contest record. I am not aware of anyone that had much problem with him as a competitor, and in no case am I aware of anyone having a problem with anything he did on the field.

I think he got more frustrated with the one thing he never managed (winning the NATs) that he was happy about the other amazing things he *did* do.

The off-field stuff, I will not revisit.

Windy Urtnowski is a master modeler and was an enthusiastic promoter of the event, and an outstanding competitor with a record that few can even dream of. But stunt can be extremely frustrating even for the most stable, and those with a good supportive group around them. It can get to you, if you let it.

Brett

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
It's a shame, there are only a handful of videos left. Where did all the others go? I would be happy to convert anyones Windy building or finishing videos of his from VHS and upload them to YouTube. I unfortunately gave all mine away when I left the hobby.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 01:37:31 PM by kevin king »

Offline Peter Nevai

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
    • C3EL
I can also covert video, VHS, VHS C, Regular 8 video tape and Hi8 video tape. I am trying to get a hold of 8mm film transfer equipment but cannot convert 8mm movie footage yet. In any case Windy videos are about as comprehensive as you can get and applicable to any CL project. Makes you wonder how he had time to do these and also provide articles and other functions for the PAMPA Stunt News newsletter. We certainly miss his participation in the hobby. Perhaps when it comes time to hang up the motorcycle leathers he will return. You do get to an age when lifting your leg over the seat of a bike while balancing it from falling off of the side stand gets to be an exercise in acrobatics suited for younger men.
Words Spoken by the first human to set foot on Mars... "Now What?"

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Windy is looking after his grandson or great grandson(?) That's the reason he gave me for leaving the hobby.         Kevin.

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
I dug up the email from Windy on leaving the hobby. Here's the reply:
"Our GSCB field here has been buldozed,no where to fly kills a hobby
pretty fast.

Enjoy the vids,ENJOY LIFE !!!

Love Windy    Not sure you know Im helping raise my grandson full time too."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 05:34:34 PM by kevin king »

Advertise Here
Tags: