News:

• May 04, 2024, 01:52:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "What should I do first, second and so on.  (Read 934 times)

Offline Jim Pollock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
"What should I do first, second and so on.
« on: February 03, 2007, 08:35:33 PM »
Well guys,

My delimma is that I have three partially built airplanes and as of today have the wood on hand to build another example of my '69 Spinks Akromaster.  1.   I have a modified Twister almost done except for mounting the flaps stab/elevator, hooking up the controls, covering, painting and mounting the engine and tank.  Oh, one other thing on the Twister, I need to do a bit of repair work on the wing, it was damaged in the move.  2.  I have a 52" version of the Skylark with the wing built, but without flaps.  The fuselage is started, but only with doublers and motor mounts. Lastly,  uugghh, I have an SV-11 foam wing sheeted with controls for my Excelsior airplane that I was talking about in the "Design by Committee" thread.  I'm going to build my Akromaster again to take to VSC, but not this year, maybe next year.  Sooooooo, my question is which between the Twister and Skylark should be finished first.  I'm leaning toward getting the Twister done first, does that sound logical to the rest of the forum?   ???

Jim Pollock,  Who can't build nearly as fast as Robert does!  BW@

Offline the original Steve Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Fly Stunt!
Re: "What should I do first, second and so on.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 09:24:39 PM »
Well Jim, I don't know if I can offer any advice.  You see I have two Twisters partially done (one wing finished), a Ringmaster partially done (wing mostly built but not covered yet), a Bi-Slob ARF not even started, and a Chizler still in the box.

So, where do I start to finish?  I have to finish in the garage cause the wife can't take the dope fumes   mw~   and it's 11 degrees here in the 'Lou so I guess I gotta keep working the gluing and sanding until it warms up a little.  HB~>

It helps that I still have my green monster Twister and ARF Oriental otherwise I'd have nothin to fly.

Finish the Twister first - then you can use it to practice while you are still working on the Skylark.

My opinion....
Thanks,
the original Steve Smith
AMA 2112

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: "What should I do first, second and so on.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 09:29:50 PM »
Hi Jim,

I suspect you still have some nice, flyable, panes, so the question is:  Which do you NEED first?  A profile or a Classic plane?  That should answer it.

But if you don't NEED either one, then just flip a coin.......

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here