News:

• April 27, 2024, 10:39:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Step by Step" Series  (Read 718 times)

Offline proparc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
"Step by Step" Series
« on: February 03, 2007, 10:18:08 PM »
I was really inspired by Bob Johnsons "step by step" building techniques. Today, in was in a major retail bookstore and I noticed how the Microsoft  "Step by Step" series and other computer books of that format seem to sell so well. 

I don't see why we can't do that with every aspect of building a top level stunt plane. Bob has shown that using the relatively inexpensive medium of web based photographs, a first rate job can be done of explaining almost any aspect of stunt ship fabrication, IF THE SERIES IS SUFFICIENTLY DETAILED ENOUGH and properly sequenced.

Imagine, no aspect of a stunt plane not covered by clear detailed step by photographs that anyone can follow and understand.  As a result of Bobs work, I have seriously considered doing a "Setting up the Saito Motor for CLPA-Step by Step".

We could really start to make our choices in powerplants and planes based on preference, as opposed to a lack of facililty with a particular technique or piece of equipment. y1
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Bob Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
  • Lone Eagle Stunt Flyers -Have stooge. will travel.
Re: "Step by Step" Series
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 07:45:42 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, Milt. I'm happy I could inspire someone. I would look forward to seeing a Sato  setup step by step. Indeed, I agree that detailed step by steps could make a real dent in the learning curve for upcoming flyers and those returning to C/L. They helped me.

Bob

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here